What is ThermocousTex - Youngman roofing and sheet metal works
Youngman Roofing And Sheet Metal Works
Square Meter, Thermal Values
Is an insulation and acoustic material, available in different products, that:
- either reduces the amount of heat entering a building (keeps cool), or
- prevents heat from leaving a building (keeps warm), and
- prevents noise entering the building, and
- absorbs noise on the inside of a building.
ThermocousTex is the only insulation product that has been certified GREEN by EcoSpecifier.What are the properties of ThermocousTex?
- The product is manufactured from a polyester fiber in an air laying machine that enables the produce to have varying densities (from 24 – 600kg/m³) and higher weight (1,25kg/m² - 8kg/m²) per square meter than other similar product.
- It is manufactured in either a board or blanket form or a combination thereof (composite board).
- The product is not toxic, it will not irritate the skin by itching or causing rashes.
- The product does not contribute to flame spread, i.e. it will not catch alight and will not contribute to fire spreading.
- It is SABS tested and complies with SANS 428.
- If ThermocousTex gets wet, the water will enter the air spaces of the fiber, but the fiber will not absorb the water or support fungal growth. The water will evaporate leaving the product dry and thermal values intact.
- The products properties prevent it from losing loft. The polyester fiber acts like a spring, therefore the fiber cannot subside more than 10%, and the board will not lose more than 5% of it thickness over the life of the property.
How does ThermocousTex work?
During the summer months, ThermocousTex when laid horizontally as a ceiling or over purlin will reduce the downward heat flow entering by trapping the heat in the fiber. It works the same in winter by preventing the heat from leaving a building. The product retards heat flow, or slows down heat flow through the product.
An important factor is thermal lag. Thermal lag means that after approximately 72 hours the heat on the one side of the product will be the same on the other. Therefore it is important to adequately ventilate the building as it will improve the performance of the product!
With regards to the acoustic properties, owing to the density of the board and fiber and the softness of the material, any sound waves that approach the products behave in this manner;
- Some of the sound is absorbed into the product and dispersed.
- Some is deflected into other directions, thereby dispersing the sound and reducing its energy.
- When pushed up against roof sheets, the products reduce the vibration on the roof sheets, this means it reduces the energy and the noise that will pass through the product.
The following types of boards are available:
- Is ThermocousTex a good quality product?
- ThermocousTex is produced by Frame Industrials, which is one of the largest textile manufacturers in the country. The company is run according to ISO 9002 standards. It is part of Hosken Consolidated Investments, which owns the largest textile company in SA.
- Frame Industrials won the recycler of the year in KZN.
- ThermocousTex Board
- ThermocousTex Plasterboard
- ThermocousTex Composite Board, a composition of board and fiber, with varied vanishes, which is designed and manufactured in order to meet a specific acoustic and/or thermal requirement.
, Thermal Values
Contact Youngman Roofing And Sheet Metal Works
Print this page