Welcome To Apitherapy.co.za
Welcome To Apitherapy
Since ancient times people have used the nutritive and curative properties of bee products.
The ancient Greeks, Romans, Chinese and Egyptians used honey to heal wounds and cure diseases of the gut (Zumla and Lulat, 1989).
Propolis was used not only to conserve the mummies (ancient Egypt ) but also to prevent or treat many diseases.
Holy Bible, Veda and Holy Qu’ran contain many sentences related to the healing properties of bee products. Hippocrates, Celsus, Galen, Pliny and many others frequently mention bee products, referring to their beneficial effects.
Until recently there was little scientific evidence to support therapeutic use of bee products. Fortunately, after the Second World War, many countries have understood the huge importance of bee products as high quality nutrients and in relieving human and animal ailments. Thousands of researchers, from all continents, have studied with perseverance the characteristics, composition, pharmacological properties, indications, counter-indications, limits and administration of all known bee hive products.
There is also an increased interest towards natural, “organic” foods and drugs.
As a result, the number of Natural, Alternative Medicine oriented specialists is larger day by day.
Thousands of laboratories and companies are processing, producing or selling much more than 10, 000 tons of bee products per year!
Unfortunately the quality of these products or their use by different persons is not always satisfactoryâ¦
In order to obtain better effects, we consider that each apitherapist should apply in his/her activity certain rules, guidelines or principles.
After a tenacious study of a couple thousand apitherapy related pages, and after a sizeable clinical experience (over 7, 000 patients treated) we found 24 such guidelines.
Here they are:
- The diagnostic should be a ” holistic ” one: classical (allopathic) but also energetic (as in Acupuncture), structural (Ayurveda), informational (Homeopathy) etc
- Before starting apitherapy, one must âcleanâ the body with different “detoxifying” methods: special diets, fasting, colon cleansing if necessary.
- The fresh , ” organic ” bee products have usually better effects than the “industrial” processed ones; over-heat, excessive filtration and refining are detrimental.
- Select attentively the bee products according with their origin , composition and pharmacological properties .
- The quality and methods of storage are most important for good efficiency.
- Apply with flexibility the producer’s (manufacturer’s) recommendations.
- Always test for allergies before you start the treatment.
- Gradually increase the doses of bee products.
- Use several ” vehicles ” in order to better reach the affected area: liquids (tea, water, juices); creams/ointments; inhalations; suppositories, injections etc.
- Several methods of administration are better than only one.
- The dose of each bee product must be established with accuracy according to the age, weight, general/local condition of each patient, time of application etc.
- ” SIMILLIA SIMILLIBUM CURANTUR “: small doses can be used to treat bee product allergies (as in pollen, bee venom, honey allergies).
- The time of treatments should be in harmony with different (bio)rhythms; these rhythms vary with the patient, the disease, the season, the hour of the day etc.
- Apitherapy is not a “panacea” and should be applied in harmony with other natural healing methods like Phytotherapy , Aromatherapy , Acupuncture , Organic diet, Ayurveda etc.
- ” PRIMUM NON NOCERE “! Do not experiment on your patient! Use only safe methods and high quality products!
- It is very important to improve the blood flow through other methods like Massage, Acupressure, Gymnastics, Taiji Quan, Qigong, Hatha Yoga etc.
- Good sleep and relaxation enhances the effect of bee products.
- Good environment (clean, ordered, non-polluted) and a âpositive-thinkingâ family/friends group are also beneficial.
- INDIVIDUALISE your treatment! Each patient is Unique and must receive a Unique treatment!
- Because of their composition, ALL bee products have more or less beneficial effects, on ALL patients.
- Apitherapy is not a “blitz” method! Perseverance and patience is necessary, especially in chronic diseases.
- Educate your patients before, during and after treatments; make them true bee lovers and protectors! Each patient must become, in time, his own apitherapist.
- A good apitherapist must know the bee colony’s life in detail; he must be also at least a good “amateur” beekeeper.
- Continuous study , good exchange of information with other specialists from several “Apitherapy related countries”, regular use of Internet can help in finding the best medical strategy for each person.
Stefan STANGACIU, M.D., L.Ac
Coordinator of Data Base Apitherapy Division of Apimondia.
Member of Apimondia’s Standing Commission on Apitherapy.
Secretary of the European Apitherapy Association.
Member of the American Apitherapy Society.
P.O. Box 1-17, 8700 CONSTANTA , ROMANIA .
Mirela Stangaciu, M.D.
Director of “Dao” Ltd.
Bul. Ferdinand nr. 87, bloc A4, scara A, apart. 3, 8700 Constanta , Romania .
TEL/FAXÂ + 40-41- 693937 (Medical Office); 694108