The Solarplate SPX range of solar collectors are the first of its
kind to be produced in South Africa. These collectors are
ultrasonically welded and insulated to maximise heat transfer to the
absorber plate consists of copper fins that are ultrasonically welded
to the copper risers, ensuring efficient heat transfer into the
- Due to the nature of the copper absorber
material, it naturally protects the absorber surface against corrosion
from condensation and will stay uniform in appearance for long.
The outer casing is manufactured with an extruded anodized aluminium
profiled frame , toughened 4mm glazing and a hot dipped galvanized
backing sheet , ensuring a attractive durable finish that will last
- All water containing parts are made from copper,
ensuring a healthy and corrosion resistant collector panel that
inherently prevents bacterial growth.
- The insulation applied is a combination of 3 layers :
Layer 1= thermal radiation barrier
Layer 2 = High temperature barrier
Layer 3 = Mid to high range temperature barrier
- The collector backing material is galvanized sheet metal that will last no matter what installation type is called for.
- Locally produced and proudly South African.