Helderberg Hospice - home care
Nursing Care, Home Care, Palliative Care
- All patients accepted on to our home care programme must be formally referred by their chosen doctor or clinic. Referral forms are readily available from the referring doctor or by contacting Helderberg Hospice.
- Our home care service is delivered by palliative care trained professional nurses with the backup of the social work department and volunteers.
- Working closely with the patient and his or her family, the hospice team develops a care plan that focuses on the patient’s well being and the need for pain management and symptom control.
- The plan outlines the response to the identified areas of concern with regular updates necessary to provide high quality comfort care.
- A member of the hospice team makes regular visits to assess the patient’s condition and provide additional care or other services.
- A Palliative care professional nurse is available 24 hours 7 days per week by cell phone. The patient’s own doctor is contacted for medical input and advice. All state patients referred to us are cared for under the medical guidance of our volunteer palliative care doctors.
If there is a situation that requires additional 24-hour continuous nursing care to maintain the patient at home, we network with local nursing agencies to facilitate this. Good working relationships are maintained with all facility-care establishments and our social workers are experienced in facilitating future planning for care.
- Patient’s Pantry - List available
- Maintenance of cars
- Cell phone costs
- Volunteer professional nurses to assist with weekend response.
, Home Care Service
, Nursing Care
, Palliative Care
, Professional Nurse
, Professional Nurses
, Social Workers