StarLink Mk-II P to P Radio
Broadband Solutions Technology
radio, radio system, Performance Improvements
The StarLink Mk-II Point-to-Point radio is a hi-power, linear 2x2 MIMO radio with enhanced receiver performance. The
StarLink point-to-multipoint radio system utilizes the advantages of OFDM modulation and MIMO technology to provide exceptional range and speed (100+Mbps real TCP) performance.
Further performance enhancements are achieved with optional GPS Synchronization, providing precision synchronization
and timing to co-locate multiple radio units on a single mast without self-interference. The StarLink TDMA protocol allows master radio unit to send and receive data using a pre-designated time slot scheduled by an intelligent AP controller.
This “time slot” method of provisioning clients eliminates hidden node collisions and maximizes airtime efficiency, providing magnitudes of performance improvements in latency, throughput and scalability when compared with other outdoor systems in its class.
- Frequency ranges 2.3-2.7GHz, 3.4 - 3.7GHz and 4.9-5.8GHz
- Integrated Dual Polarized Flat Panel 19dBi - 180
- Fixed P2P solution that can deliver 300 Mbps air-rate per sector (150+Mbps layer 2 TCP)
- Robust air interface based on MIMO and OFDM technology provides high capacity with NLOS performance
- High spectral efficiency (7.5bits/Hz)
- Advanced Time Division Multiple Access Protocol (TDMA)– Reduced latency and improved throughput
- Intelligent QoS – priority given to voice/video for seamless access
- Traffic Shaping – Up and down stream traffic shaping per client
- Long Range (50Km+)
- GPS Synchronization (GPS models) – Synchronized transmission eliminates colocation interference.
- Dual Ethernet Ports (GPS models) providing power to a second device using PoE.
- Static Routing
- Highly-secure remote management via SSL, SSH and SNMPv11 and SNMPv32
- AirContol NMS forms part of standard equipment
- Provides AES encryption technology,
- MAC, Ethertype and IP address packet filtering for granular network security.
- Built in real-time spectrum analyzer (standard with all equipment)
- Integrated Lightning Protection
- Very Low Power Consumption: 6.5W per Radio
- Designed for rural African conditions with low infrastructure level and limited power availability
, radio system
, Time Division Multiple Access