Basic Sustaining spiritual fitness | Breaking Barriers
The tools of the recovery movement may be used by anyone seeking spiritual growth and personal liberation. In this workshop an experiential process is created whereby participants can become archeologists indulging in spiritual excavation, leading to a greater sense of personal freedom from both ego and life’s fluctuating circumstances. Principles drawn from the 12 Step recovery process, transpersonal psychology, and various spiritual disciplines are integrated so as to provide participants with tools helpful to enhancing and sustaining their spiritual fitness.
Specifically, the process includes:
- Briefly exploring what spiritual fitness means for different people
- The use of guided meditations, creativity, sharing and other experiential processes
- Identifying and removing some of the obstacles to spiritual growth in order to clear space to experience ourselves and our Higher Power more cleanly
- Experimenting with the concept of sacred emptiness
- Exploring our existing relationship with our Higher Power (whatever form that may take)
- Initiating new possibilities for the unfolding of this relationship
Who would benefit from this workshop?
- Anyone wishing to develop their spirituality, regardless of whether or not they are in recovery from some form of addiction or codependency
- Anyone struggling to develop their relationship with their Higher Power
- Anyone wishing to enhance their resilience, vitality and power in the face of stress and challenge