Hog Hollow Horse Trails, Plettenberg Bay, Garden Route, South Africa
Hog Hollow Horse Trails
Accommodation, Horse Riding, Horse
Hog Hollow Horse Trails
Experience the Tsitsikamma on horseback...
One Hour Meadow Trail :
Meander across lush green fields, overlooking the forest, mountains and ocean in the distance, amongst Zebra, Impala and Fallow Deer. This ride offers open terrain, ideal for an optional trot or canter whilst being close to nature and enjoying the magnificent surrounds..
Two Hour Forest Trail :
Explore indigenous ancient rain forest, following 150-year-old woodcutter’s paths and wagon trails, up and down the crags criss-crossing this pristine environment, to a half way coffee break next to a pond sporting wild otter and water fowl in the midst of the forest. Get close to Zebra, Impala and Fallow Deer on the return journey, with an option of a trot or canter over beautiful emerald fields with magnificent views over the surrounding forest, mountains and ocean in the distance..
All level of riders are welcome, and all ages are welcome. We have had from
3-year-olds to 85-year-olds on our trails!!
Upon arrival, a short assessment is made to identify the right horse and safe riding gear for each rider. Our horses are selected for their good composition and gentle temperaments. We love them and keep them in tip-top condition. Their tack fits properly and is well maintained. Our focus is to ensure that our rides are suitable for all levels of experience – the emphasis being on a safe and enjoyable ride.
Experienced guides offer interesting facts and stories regarding local history, fauna and flora...
Back at the stables, guests can enjoy a refreshing drink on the lodge deck, with breathtaking views of the surrounding forest and mountains.
Trail Rides Availability : Bookings are essential!!
08h00, 10h30, 14h00 & 16h00 – 365 days a year.. We are open every single day of the year... On days that we aren’t busy, we are flexible regarding riding times, so please call Debbie with any special requests...
Riders should arrive 30 mins prior to departure of the trail ride in order to kit up, fill in necessary forms and be allocated the right horse.
Rates : Valid 1 September 2011 – 31 August 2012
• R100-00 per child for pony rides on a lead or in the lunging ring for ½ hour
• R200-00 per person for 1 hour
• R400-00 per person for 2 hours
• R600-00 per person for 3 hours
• Fitting riding safety helmet and chaps upon arrival.
• A brief assessment regarding rider competence.
• Determining the right horse for every rider ie size, level of experience.
• Guidance in the basics of riding a horse.
• Pace of ride is determined by ability of riders present..
• Experienced guides whose focus lies in providing a fun, safe experience for all..
• Refreshments including hot and cool drinks and light lunches on the lodge deck overlooking the indigenous forest are available at an additional cost.
Rider Clothing Recommendations :
• Wear comfortable, stretch pants ie ski pants, stretch jeans or track suit pants.
• Shoes need to be closed and have a firm sole - if possible a slight heel for maximum safety.
• Loose fitting shirt or T-shirt.
• Sun Block.
Debbie on 082-7713745 or [email protected]
Booking is essential….
We look forward to welcoming you
at our Hog Hollow Horse Trails!!!
, accommodation plettenberg bay
, accomodation knysna
, Horse Riding
, horse riding garden route
, horse riding in the tsitsikamma forest
, horse riding knysna
, horse riding plettenberg bay
, horse riding tsitsikamma
, Horse Trails
, Knysna activities
, Knysna to do
, Plettenberg Bay activities
, Plettenberg Bay to do
, Riding Lessons
, Thoroughbred Horses
, tourist activities garden route
, tourist activities knysna
, tourist activities plettenberg bay
, tourist activities tsitsikamma
, Trail Riding
, trail riding garden route
, trail riding knysna
, trail riding plettenberg bay