Pewi » Ybike
Pewi is the perfect 2in1 toy combination that saves you money, offers your baby great developmental value as well as durability and quality. Learning is FUN with YBIKE Pewi!
It's the latest in stylish yet functional toys for kids as young as 9 months old! Little ones enjoy many fun-filled hours as they walk, swing and glide with the latest stylish bike adaptation - YBIKE Pewi. Following on the multi Award-winning YBIKE Original, this new ride-on and walking-buddy teaches important motor skills such as balance, co-ordination and body in space awareness! Unlike traditional Walkers on the market, where the child is typically sitting in the walker, the Pewi actually enhances body and space awareness. With the Pewi the Child stands freely in front of Pewi using it only as an aid.
Quality features such as aluminium tubing, injection moulded parts and specially designed swivel castor wheels ensures a quiet smooth ride that is suitable for indoor and outdoor play.
- Recommended age 9 – 12 months as “Walking Buddy”
- Recommended age 12 – 36 months as Ride-on
- Height 45.5cm
- Height (seat-floor) 27cm
- Length 52cm
- Width 42cm
- Weight 1.8kg
- Colour Blue, Pink
Seal of Approval Winner Spring '11, The National Parenting Centre (USA), Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Seal Award 2011 (USA) Creative Child Magazine Top Toy Award 2011 (USA) Baba Indaba Cape Town 2011 Certificate of Excellence for Innovation (SA)
What’s the idea?
- It's innovative -- is used as both a walker and a bike! This 2 in 1 toys is a great money saver and offers great durability with aluminium tubing and quality parts! Recommended for ages 9-36 months -- Once they outgrow the walker, they use it as a bike!
- Creative design -- The smiley face handle is comfortable and easy for little fingers to hold on to. The smiley face draws the child for fun play time with a friend.
- Multi direction caster wheels -- Allows free movement in ANY direction, stimulation body awareness, a key for balance and motor skill development. Plus the rubber doesn't mark wooden floors! Can be used inside and outside.
- Encourages Skills Development - This bike is a great tool in therapies as it’s helping so many different areas all at once. If your child needs help with his vestibular system, with balance, control and even walking/running, the YBIKE Pewi is a great tool for you!
- Traditional walking rings are not viewed favourable by childcare professional for safety and developmental reasons. Walking rings do not help children to walk. In fact studies show that walker-experienced infants sat, crawled, and walked later than no-walker controls, and they scored lower on development scales.
- The Pewi allows the child to walk and explore his environment freely and at his own pace, letting go when feeling the need to do so. Yet as the Pewi moves easily, the child is encouraged to take steps and thus practice walking.
- Compact and light-weight. The child can easily move the Pewi and also carry it around.
- Quick and easy assembly.
Pewi is a finalist in the 4th Annual Fat Brain Toy Awards!
“One of our twins has been a little slow in his his motor development especially in walking. I noticed the Pewi in a catalogue and it struck me that it might help. We purchased one and urged our nursery to buy one as well. Not only does he love the bike (it helps him compete with the older children in his nursery room) but we noticed a difference in his steadiness within a week. Within a few weeks he was walking. Of course it is difficult to tell the exact contribution that the Pewi made but my instinct tells me that it was pivotal for him.
I really just wanted to say thank you for this product and that I am looking forward to buying your other products to help our babies as they grow and develop.” John Heffernan.