While the PCI DSS represents a common set of requirements, the challenges faced by organisations varies from business to business and PCI DSS can be particularly difficult for complex acquiring infrastructures. In a modern acquiring environment, there are a number of challenges that acquiers face relating to PCI DSS.
Common issues that acquiers constantly encounter that can affect their PCI compliance relate to, for example:
· Understanding, defining, and reducing the scope of the assessment;
· Addressing non-compliance with respect to legacy systems;
· The efficacy of compensating controls;
· The management of multiple teams in distributed departments and locations;
· Dealings with third party suppliers such as IT support companies, payment gateway providers or payment service providers who have not been certified as compliant
It is therefore vital that the QSA company engaged on a project of this nature has an in-depth knowledge of the varied complex business processes, infrastructures, systems and technology that exist in large financial institutions.
We provide tailored packages to meet the specific needs of acquirers.
For further information on our PCI compliance services and Acquirer service packages, please contact one of our Sales representatives by calling +27 46 622 6123 or by completing our Online Enquiry Form or Request a Call Back Form on our website.
Also, please feel free to visit our resource centre for helpful articles, latest news, videos, wikis and useful links related to industry topics and terminology.