Being a small business, RCA Consulting offers certain benefits to both Client Company and Candidates, different sometimes from larger organisations. The owner/manager, John Barratt, is a mature individual with extensive experience in the field of General Management, Sales, Marketing, Technical and Finance, gained over the past 40 years, but most especially in the fields of Building and Civil Contracting. During the years preceding 1996, when he took control of RCA Consulting, he was involved in various Corporate and entrepreneurial undertakings, such as:
- Business Development Manager for an International American conglomerate, in specialized building materials, including Concrete Admixtures, Curing Compounds for concrete, PVC and Rubber Waterstop, and a proprietary brand of Waterproofing membrane. He was successful in procuring the largest supply contract in his field at the time, for all the Company products - the Koeberg Nuclear Power Station, near Cape Town, which comprised of 330 000 m³of concrete.
- His success in this arena, encouraged him to embark on his own enterprise, as a specialist Sub-contractor in the Building Industry, providing Fireproofing for Structural Steel, Electrical Cables and Cable-trays, and Penetration Seals in high-rise buildings, as well as Asbestos Removal from old buildings. Highlights during this period were:
- The Fireproofing contract for the massive New Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town.
- Asbestos removal from thousands of square metres of concrete soffits at the Sanlam Head Office, preceding and during the refurbishment and additions to that landmark building in the Northern suburbs of Cape Town.
- Drawing up the specifications for the Asbestos removal from the historic Voortrekker Monument, outside of Pretoria.
- A joint venture with one of the leading Construction Companies in South Africa, in manufacturing a specialized wire mesh product, and marketing it throughout Sub-Saharan Africa, for Defense and Earth Stabilization purposes.
An Entrepreneur to the core, John Barratt is planning on leading RCA Consulting to another level in the field of Executive Recruitment and Search. Because of their experience in business locally, nationally and internationally, they have the ability to understand the real requirements of a client company and therefore introduce candidates who will not only dovetail into the job specifications, but will also slip into the working environment with the minimum effort.
Job assignments are handled personally by the owner/manager and his associates. This means:
- Advertisements are professionally drafted and worded according to job specifications.
- Candidates are professionally screened, interviewed and reference checked.
- Professional CV construction and Personality Profiling available on request
NB: We also treat our candidates with RESPECT!