Coast to Coast
Accommodation, Bed and Breakfast, Tours
AT A GLANCE
• 4 nights The Long Beach or The St James - Cape Town
• 2 nights The Franschhoek - Winelands
• 2 nights Lake Pleasant Living – near Knysna
• 3 nights Shamwari Game Reserve
• 2 nights Oceana Beach & Wildlife Reserve
• 5% discount on your accommodation
• A complimentary dinner for two at your chosen The Last Word Retreat
• Complimentary transfer from Cape Town airport to your first The Last Word Retreat
• A complimentary dinner for two during your stay at Lake Pleasant Living
• Complimentary transfers from Shamwari Game Reserve to Oceana Beach & Wildlife Reserve
• Guaranteed free upgrade to Lobengula or Eagles Crag lodges subject to availability at time of booking at Shamwari Game Reserve
YOUR PRICE INCLUDES
• Overnight accommodation as described
• Breakfast & beverages at The Last Word Retreats
• Breakfast at Lake Pleasant Living• All meals, game drives and selected beverages at Shamwari Game Reserve
• All meals, on site activities and selected beverages at Oceana Beach & Wildlife Reserve
• Car hire
• Any additional extras not described as inclusive
YOUR SUGGESTED ITINERARY
4 nights The Long Beach or The St James, Last Word Retreat near Cape Town
The Last Word Retreats are hidden gems, located in and around Cape Town, each with its own soul, pleasingly different style, views and activities – yet linked by the superior hospitality standards. The secret is simple; a combination of luxurious home comforts, irresistibly charming care away from the crowds.
On arrival into Cape Town your chauffeur will meet you - and help you relax into your wonderful new surroundings during your transfer to your ‘home from home’. The Long Beach has an enviable location on the waters of the Atlantic Ocean in the small lobster fishing village of Kommetjie…with a garden gate on to the stunning ‘long beach’ it is the home dreams are made of and just 30 minutes from the centre of Cape Town – the perfect place to retreat after you have visited all the tourist sites.
The St James is located in a vibrant fishing village, with beautiful views over False Bay – you can enjoy the close by warm water tidal pools and beaches just moments for this beautiful retreat. Whichever property you choose – both have wonderful whale watching from May to November…..Whether it is your first time to The Cape or your 10th time there is so much to explore. The Last Word team are always on hand to help you enjoy the wine, the mountain or the shops – or just to whisk you to the best restaurant in Town.
2 nights The Franschhoek, Winelands
This morning take a leisurely drive or transfer (approx. 60 minutes) from Cape Town to Franschhoek, a beautiful cosmopolitan village in the heart of this wine district…..time to relax and enjoy your surroundings, as well as a glass of wine or two…Conrad, your host at The Franschhoek, is well known for making your stay perfect in every way, recommending the best wine estates to visit and pre booking you into the best restaurants in town.
2 nights Lake Pleasant Living, Sedgefield, near Knysna
A great base to explore the rest of the Garden Route, Lake Pleasant Living is approx. 20 minutes outside of Knysna (so we recommend a car) but these spacious and well equipped rooms also have a kitchen so you can enjoy some home cooked cuisine – or eat out – the choice is yours.
3 nights Shamwari Game Reserve
We can arrange your transfer from Port Elizabeth Airport (at an extra cost) to Shamwari Game Reserve.The unforgettable highlight of your holiday is about to start. We recommend you arrive at Shamwari Game Reserve in time for lunch, allowing yourself space to relax and take in your surroundings before the adventure begins! Your experienced ranger will be on hand to guide you through the African bush, explaining not only the Big 5, but also the smaller plains game, plant life and fantastic birding that make up the 25,000 hectares of land you are about to explore.You will enjoy evening and morning game drives, during your stay – and of course the ‘Relaxation Retreat’ is the icing on the cake for any relaxing stay.
2 nights Oceana Beach & Wildlife Reserve
Your champagne transfer from Shamwari to Oceana Beach & Wildlife Reserve will take just over an hour, early mornings and open 4 x 4 are a distant memory as the Oceana team endeavour to make your stay at the beach unforgettable – enjoy fishing, diving, horse riding on the beach – to name but a few activities.
Extension – why not add an extra night of luxury to your holiday in Port Elizabeth at the Shamwari Townhouse, take time to relax and ponder over the highlights of South Africa.
Of course you can change or extend your stay – or simply return to the airport for your flight home.
, Bed and Breakfast
, Holiday Accommodation
, Holiday Resorts
, Luxury Accommodation
, Luxury Resorts
, Safari Lodges