A 13-day fly-in safari exploring the wilderness of Kenya and Tanzania.
Accommodation, Holiday Accommodation, Safaris
Spend 13 days being flown from one exclusive lodge to another, enjoying all the benefits that East Africa's wilderness has to offer you - from game drives to bush massages, the incredible Ngorongoro Crater, horse safaris and much more.
DAY 1, Nairobi You arrive in Nairobi and are then transferred to House of Waine, where you will spend your first night.
Accommodation House of Waine Luxury boutique hotel in the leafy suburb of Karen, in Nairobi, Kenya.
DAYS 2-3, Meru National Park You are transferred to Wilson Airport where scheduled flight awaits you. On arrival in Meru National Park you are met and transferred to Elsa's Kopje, where you will spend the next 2 nights. This intimate lodge is set on Mughwango Hill in the old Northern Frontier District of the park. The wildlife in Meru is varied, with numerous sightings of lion, leopard, cheetah, Grevy's zebra, reticulated giraffe, rhino and the rare, elusive greater kudu.
Accommodation Elsa's Kopje Exclusive safari lodge in Meru National Park.
DAYS 4-6, Masai Mara National Park You transfer to Meru airstrip for your scheduled flight to Masai Mara. On your arrival at Kichwa Tembo's airstrip, you will be met for your short game-drive transfer to Bateleur Camp, where you will spend the next 3 nights. Accommodation is in a tent, splendidly furnished, with en-suite shower, twin hand basins and w.c. Each tent is tended by a butler. Your stay includes scheduled activities and park fees. Activities include game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles. A ballooning safari and/or a day trip to Lake Victoria (Mfangano Island) can be arranged at an additional cost.
Accommodation Kichwa Tembo Bateleur Camp Kichwa Tembo Bateleur is an exclusive tented camp on the boundary of the Masai Mara National Reserve.
DAY 7, Arusha After breakfast you are transferred to Wilson Airport where you board your scheduled flight to Kilimanjaro. You clear customs and immigration en route. Upon arrival you are met for your road transfer to the Arusha Coffee Lodge, set in a working coffee plantation, where you will spend the night in a comfortable chalet.
Accommodation Arusha Coffee Lodge Sophisticated lodge set within Tanzania's largest coffee plantation.
DAYS 8-9, Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area After breakfast, you are transferred to Arusha Airport where you board your scheduled flight to Manyara Airstrip. You will be met and transferred to Ngorongoro Crater Lodge (approximately 2 hours drive). The next couple of nights accommodation is in a sumptuous double suite, tended by a butler. Your stay at Ngorongoro Crater Lodge includes one game drive in the crater and park fees. Additional activities may be booked directly at the lodge, subject to extra cost and availability. These activities include excursions to Olduvai Gorge and Shifting Sands, a visit to a Maasai village and walks at Empakai Crater. A great way to round off a day's game viewing is by enjoying a relaxing massage at the lodge.
Accommodation Ngorongoro Crater Lodge Exclusive safari lodge situated on the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania.
DAYS 10-12, Grumeti Reserves bordering the Serengeti National Park Enjoy an early morning breakfast before your game drive transfer to the airstrip, where you board your scheduled flight to Sasakwa Airstrip. A short game drive transfer takes you to the Sasakwa Lodge, where you will spend the next 3 nights. Accommodation is in a luxurious cottage. Each cottage has a private living room, veranda, garden and heated infinity plunge pool. Your stay includes scheduled activities and park fees. Activities include game drives in open vehicles, walks, nights drives, horse riding, mountain biking, archery and an hour of spa treatment per stay. Additional spa treatments are available. The spa features a steam room, relaxation area, hydrotherapy tub, gymnasium, yoga room and two therapy rooms for treatments.
Accommodation Sasakwa Lodge East African ranch-style safari lodge in the Grumeti Reserve, Tanzania.
DAY 13, End of Tour – Jomo Kenyatta International Airport Enjoy breakfast before your transfer to the airstrip where you board your scheduled flight to Wilson Airport, clearing customs and immigration en route. You are then transferred to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport where your tour comes to an end.
• Meet and greet on arrival
• Personal Travel Journal
• Twin / single accommodation
• Meals as specified above
• Soft drinks, house wine, local brand spirits, local beer, teas and coffees at Elsa's Kopje, Bateleur Camp at Kichwa Tembo, Ngorongoro Crater Lodge and Sasakwa Lodge
• Laundry at Elsa's Kopje, Bateleur Camp at Kichwa Tembo, Ngorongoro Crater Lodge and Sasakwa Lodge
• Scheduled domestic flights: Wilson Airport / Mughwango Hill Airstrip / Kichwa Airstrip / Arusha Airport / Manyara Airstrip / Sasakwa Airstrip / Wilson Airport
• Scheduled road transfers: Jomo Kenyatta International Airport / House of Waine / Wilson Airport, Arusha Airport / Arusha Coffee Lodge / Arusha Airport, Manyara Airstrip / Ngorongoro Crater Lodge / Manyara Airstrip and Wilson Airport / Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
• Scheduled game activities as specified • Kenya and Tanzania National Park fees
• Current airport taxes and fuel surcharges
Emergency medical evacuation insurance
• Gratuities and all items of a personal nature
• Meals and drinks not specified above
• Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, cigars and cigarettes
• International flights to and from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
• Visa fees (if required)
• Airport service fee of USD 8-00 per person to be settled in USD cash at Kilimanjaro International Airport, for guests arriving off flights from Wilson Airport whose arrangements continue by air onto other Tanzanian destinations
Starting at Nairobi end in Nairobi
From to PPS SS
1 Jun 2009 30 Jun 2009 R144712 -
1 Jul 2009 30 Sep 2009 R159569 -
1 Oct 2009 31 Oct 2009 R154065 -
1 Nov 2009 14 Dec 2009 R131512 -
All prices are should be used as guidelines, but you may find that the final rates in your quotation vary slightly due to room type, seasonality and currency conversion.
, Holiday Accommodation
, Holiday Resorts
, Luxury Accommodation
, Luxury Resorts
, Safari Lodges