Single Phase split configured Prepayment Electricity Meter
PrePaid Electricity Meters, Electricity Meters, Prepayment meters
The BEC44PLT is single phase spilt configuration, class 2, prepayment electricity meter that is designed for maximum security against fraud, whilst still retaining customer convenience. The small footprint of this DIN rail mount meter allows the installation of multiple in the enclosure, resulting in accost saving for the utility.
The spilt meter is unique in that it separates the user Interface Unit (UIU) from the measurement and control unit (MCU). This allows utilities to mount the MCU in a location where it is readily accessible, while the UIU is installed at a point of convenience within the customer’s premises. The UIU draws its power from the MCU via the current loop communication.
Measurement and control Unit ( MCU)
The MCU contains the measurement and control circuits. This includes the power supply, reset circuit, latch driver, voltage and current sensing circuits, a non-volatile memory and a disconnection switch rated at 100 Amps.
User Interface Unit (UIU)
The UIU Provides the user with convenient interface to the remote MCU. A user friendly interface is ensured through the numeric keypad. Secure data transfer takes place via an encryption algorithm included within the standard Transfer Specification (STS) and all correctly entered tokens are registered, eliminating token fraud.
Reliability and durability are enhanced as the active unit is completely sealed and all printed circuit boards are conformal coated, providing complete protection against insect, dust and humidity.
A 5KA/5kv surge arrestor provides protection against lightning and voltage surges and meter can withstand 420 volts for period of a period of 48 hours.
• Programmable under and over voltage trip threshold
• Supply Terminals Protected by tamper switch
• Thermal Shutdown protection
• Display of the trip condition
• List of five tokens entered
• Comprehensive Consumption Data
• Optional audible feedback on UIU
• UIU and MCU spilt for added security and convenience
• Programmable current and power trip
• DIN mounting for space saving applications
• UIU fits onto a standard 4×4 wall socket base
• Calibration retained over the life of the meter
• Transformerless power supply for improved reliability
• High level surge protection
• Tactile feedback numeric keypad
• STS complaint encryption
• Manufacture red to ISO 90001 2000 AND ISO 14001 Standards
, electricity prepayment meters
, pay as you go electricity meters
, pre paid electricity meters
, Pre paid electricity meters Cape Town
, Prepaid electricity box
, PrePaid Electricity Meters
, Prepayment meters