What Is Peak-Demand Management?
Eldo Energy’s Peak-Demand Management system is one which does not actively employ technology that reduces electricity consumption, but rather utilizes intelligent technology, which prioritises electricity loads according to a rank system, drastically reducing peak-demand and hence reducing electricity consumption.
A practical example of this would be to prioritize a households various loads where the pool-pump is ranked lower than the geyser, and the geyser in turn lower than the lighting elements. Once the prioritized rank is complete, a maximum current (amperage level) is set, which the peak-demand management systems will not allow to be exceeded. Once the current (amperage) demand gets close the maximum limit, the peak-demand management systems will switch off the specific appliance/s in accordance to the rank (e.g. stand-by appliances such as TV’s, geysers etc), hence reduces electricity consumption of appliances not required.
Benefits of Peak-Demand Management
- Peak-Demand Management can reduce your monthly electricity bill by up to 15% where peak-demand tariffs are applicable.
- Peak-Demand Management is a completely automated & efficient system, requiring no human intervention.
- Peak-Demand Management Increases your home or business’ electricity capacity, therefore supporting more appliances from the same main supply.
- Peak-Demand Management Increases a property’s electricity supply by 40 – 160 Amps per phase, through efficient management alone.
- Peak-Demand Management Eliminates annoying overload power trips
Why Is Peak-Demand Management Important?
In 2010, South Africa will experience a new shift in electricity tariff structures, where every consumer who uses in access of 500 kWh per month will be billed on a peak-demand tariff. As such, without efficient peak-demand management, consumers could anticipate a further increase of 15 – 25% in their electricity costs.