Eldo Energy’s CCFL or Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp is a mercury safe lamp that will help reduce your electricity bill. The purpose of this CFL is to remove most of the disadvantages associated with the use of energy saving lamps.
The main disadvantage is as follows: The glass tube of an energy saving lamp is fragile. It is easy to break when inserting or removing the lamp from fittings. Users are concerned with the mercury loss that contaminates the area and is hazardous to health. There are also concerns about the emissions of ultra violet light (UV). High UV exposure can cause a number of skin complaints or even burning.
How does the CCFL prevent this disadvantage?
- Eliminates the accidental breaking of the lamp tube and consequential mercury contamination of the area.
- The sealed system allows for safe disposal at recycling centre.
- Significant reductions in UV emissions enable the CCFL to be used safely at any working distance for long periods of time.
- Substantially reduces the loss of investment as a result of accidental breakage.
Benefits of the CCFL
- The CCFL is able to produce light using a fraction of the electricity usually needed to light the old-fashioned filament (incandescent) bulbs and therefore energy bills can be reduced by up to 85% a year by using the CCFL.
- The CCFL lasts up to 20 times longer than ordinary light bulbs.
- The CCFL helps the environment by demanding less energy from the power stations.