Durbanville Kinderhuis - Services
The services rendered at Durbanville Children’s Home are the following:
- Admission and orientation of new children;
- Professional assessment of children and their families;
- Assisting children with adapting to life at the home;
- Providing and maintaining a safe, hygienic and welcoming space for children;
- Providing balanced meals, clothing and personal necessities;
- Providing basic health care;
- Implementing and monitoring structured daily routines and rules;
- Identifying opportunities and activities to develop each child’s
- strengths through participation in sport, cultural, spiritual and life skills development programmes.
- Providing emotional support and therapy to children;
- Informing children of expected behaviour and teaching them necessary coping skills;
- Teaching children how to deal with complaints and reportable incidents;
- Enabling children to attend formal schooling or day care;
- Providing supervision and training to staff and volunteers;
- Providing awareness programmes to children;
- Supporting and preparing children and their families to reunite;
- Preparing school leavers to enter the labour market;
- Analysing the needs of the community, and
- Networking with schools, social work agencies and other resources.
* Hope, respect and understanding are the three cornerstone values underlying this programme.