Team Building, Team Development, Human Resource Development
Good co-operation and teamwork are critical at all levels of the organisation, from the ‘shop floor’ to top management. In fact, a well-functioning team is a huge motivating factor for employees. When teams do not operate effectively, resources are wasted and work is hard and unpleasant. On the other hand, smooth teamwork provides lasting profitability and people who enjoy their work.
CONTRACT South Africa can assist you in developing high performance teamwork. We do this by enabling your team to:
• Define what success means for you, in the context of your organisation’s corporate culture and strategic goals.
• Explore strengths, hidden potential and limitations within the team.
• Gain greater clarity regarding roles and responsibilities.
• Identify, celebrate and capitalise on your unique ‘team culture’.
We specialise in designing and delivering high-impact one- or two-day workshops. We draw workshop content the following critical teamwork elements:
• Strategy: Clarity and commitment to vision and direction
• Profile and reputation: Maintaining a strong presence and profile with others
• Phases of teams: where the team is and how it can progress
• Decision making and Problem solving: How the team resolves problems and makes critical decisions
• Change: How does the team keep abreast of changes and looks for different ways
• Standards: How the team monitors and maintains high quality service and outputs
• Communication and cooperation: Free sharing of information, ask questions and giving constructive feedback
• Role and task clarity: Shared understanding about individual roles & responsibilities within the team
• Relationships: Levels of support, trust and understanding and effective handling of conflict.
In an initial conversation with you, we establish your teams’ development priorities. We then draw up an outline for a team development workshop, which we discuss with you to ensure the highest benefit and relevance to your team.
Overall, our approach is a mix of experiential exercises, short inputs on practical models, questionnaires, group discussions and self-reflection.
We believe one of the main differentiators of our approach is the experiential exercises that we incorporate. Teams often show the same types of behaviour and patterns they exhibit at work. This provides opportunity for insight, and as these insights develop, people become more open to trying out alternative behaviours in the safe environment we create. This assists the speedy development of new behavioural patterns. Very quickly, teams realise their strengths, but also their unrealised potential. In addition, these experiential activities bring an element of fun, energy and creativity to the workshop.
Why You Might Need to Develop your Team
Team managers often find they need some additional assistance in developing the performance or morale of their team. Do any of the following apply to you – if so then you could benefit?
• Integrating one or more new team members into an established team
• Merging teams together
• Changes in strategy, structure, processes or management
• Dealing with dysfunctional behaviours, eg poor communication or regular conflicts
• Increasing average performance to outstanding
Contact us if you would like to see what is possible for your team
Human Resource Development
, Organisational Development
, Team Building
, Team Development