Commercials, television voice over training, corporate sell,
A voice-over artist is there to make the voices jump off the page. This course introduces you to various voice-over scripts which present different demands. It is important that you identify the various voice-over scripts in order to approach them in a creative and intelligent manner, which satisfies the needs of the client.
• Skills to practice voice over’s.
• An understanding of what is required to be a professional voice over artist.
• How to use your voice when reading voice over’s.
• What to look for when listening to voice over’s of other people.
• Clear diction
• Flexibility to do Commercial, commentaries and other voice over’s.
• Posture behind the microphone;
• 5 production techniques;
• Relaxation (throat tension) and breathing for a voice over;
• Modulation = how to use the voice to get the message across;
• Textual analysis;
• Pitch, resonance = tone: sincere, happy, off the wall interpretation;
• Diction = Articulation: consonants such as plosive “s” etc.;
• Vowels = enunciation of monophthongs, diphthongs, triphthongs;
• 20 steps to success in voice-overs;
• Voice over scripts = various demands;
• Commercials: hard sell, soft sell, deep sell, cell phone content, “real” read – guy/girl next door,
character voice, announcer – corporate sell = 3rd person, the spokes person = 1st person = home
improvement, the gossip (woman = stare opinions);
• Commentaries: financial, investigative, wildlife, educational, medical, travel, sport, the arts, technical,
modern documentary (computer games);
• Other: on hold messages, website video’s, podcast intros and outros, sponsorship messages and DJ
drops, audio books.
Duration: 13 weeks @ 1 hr per week OR 7 weeks @ 2hrs per week.
, corporate sell
, Soft Sell
, television voice over training