Elocution/Accent Reduction Course
Language Training, accent neautralization of various races, lisping,
Elocution is speaking in a polished and professional way. Accent Reduction is when you reduce your current accent (Colored, African, Afrikaans, European, etc.) so that you can sound more neutral English like what you hear in South Africa. The course makes you aware of the sound system (or phonology) of a language or dialect: which include identifying problems in the person's current speech from the desired accent (such as pronunciation, speech patterns, and speech habits), changing the way one uses the mouth, teeth, and tongue to form vowel and consonant sounds, modifying one's intonation and stress patterns, and changing one's rhythm. Using this method, individuals trying to help their communication; will learn how to alter their speech to more closely resemble the accent of neutral English commonly used in SA and abroad, thus enhancing the clarity of their communication within the workplace.
• Greater confidence when speaking in public, business and social situations
• Better Communication with people at conferences, meetings and or on the telephone
• Greater awareness of how to use the voice effectively
• Professionalize the way you speak
• Improved results when you need to get your ideas across
• Elocution Techniques to control and project your voice
• A reduction of any specific features of voice including a regional or national accent
• Clear speech and diction in a neutral accent helping you reach your potential and goals.
• How to develop your voice using posture, relaxation + breathing;
• Neutralizing any accent – resonance, pitch + tone;
• Eliminating any/all speech faults – stuttering, mumbling;
• Birth defects such as cleft palate/ cleft lip;
• Strengthening weak oral muscles;
• Reducing any accent: Colored, Xhosa, Zulu, Sotho, Zimbabwean, Afrikaans, French; English (England),
• Communication skills in a private, public and corporate setting;
• Public Speaking and confidence building;
• Maximizing your vocal capacity giving you versatility and dynamics when Speaking;
• You will have better diction and clarity – articulation and enunciation;
• Switch board, private and public sector and corporate sector, answering (phones), Front of house sales,
• You will learn how to gain confidence in speech within your working environment – verbal dynamics;
• SWOT analysis;
• Understanding your strengths and weaknesses and developing positive affirmations;
• Overcoming all threats (fear, failure, criticisms etc.).
Duration: 13 weeks @ 1hr per week OR 7 weeks @ 2hrs per week.
accent neautralization of various races
, Language Training