Accent Training for SA, USA and UK accents
american accent, Souht African Accent,
Any accent is a combination of three main components: intonation (speech Music), liaisons (word connections) and pronunciation (the spoken sounds of consonants, vowels and combinations). I have made a study of the American, British and South African Accents in order to give you a complete Standard pronunciation and phonological understanding of the accent of your choice. I created the course to help people “sound either American, English or South African” for lectures, Medical Personnel, Teaching, Customer Service Representatives, Film/Theatre Acting, interviews, business situations, Voice Over’s and general daily communication.
• Communicate more efficiently and effectively with clients and colleagues by reducing first language
• Build rapport and empathy and strengthen relationships with customers and colleagues through more
• Word linking- how to connect words.
• Sound insertion- which letters to insert in between words to achieve perfect speech flow.
• Vowel length- learn the exact length of the American, British and South African vowels to give you strong
confidence when speaking.
• Key sounds- discover the most important key sounds
• Voiced letters- learn exactly how to use your voice to give you the famous sharpness and clarity of the
• Silent letters- discover all the silent letters.
Course outline for American, English and South African Accents:
• Intonation = do’s and don’ts;
• Pitch changes and meaning shifts of intonation;
• Syllable patterns;
• Word Connections = consonant/vowel, consonant/consonant, vowel/vowel & T, D, S or Z & Y;
• Vowel Sounds = tense and lax monophthongs, diphthongs and triphthongs;
• Vowel Pronunciations;
• Diction of Consonants = nasal, throaty, silent;
• Articulation of Consonants = voice and unvoiced;
• Speaking and communicating styles;
• Reading and speaking;.
Duration: 13 weeks @ 1hr per week
, Souht African Accent