Paper & Print Finishing Equipment
The Smart-binder system allows use of IBIS's patented ‘ISG’ (Individual Sheet Gluing) technology which replaces wire-staples with lines of cold-glue 'dots' between each sheet to produce more attractive, stronger, flatter and easier-to-recycle books.
The Smart-binder model SB-4 includes an additional HMCU module to combine ISG cold glued 'signatures' with hot-melt glue to produce thick high-quality, square-backed books.
For the first time ever, both wire-stitched or glued books may now be produced from the same machine. The SB-4P is a lower-cost solution for hot glued books only.
- In-line connection with highest speed digital printers, or off-line operation from a high speed sheet feeder, or tower collator(s).
- Individual sheet folding for optimum thick-book quality.
- Cover and Insert sheet feeding.
- Optional multiple-tray feeder available for content sheets, cover sheets and/or insert sheets.
- Bar code tracking of all sheets and auto-rejection of bad books, to ensure integrity.
- Three-knife trimming with optional centre-knife.
- Heavy duty construction for 24 x 7 operation.
- Easy-to-use touch-screen controls and comprehensive documentation in multi-languages.
- Complete range of book format sizes.
More Reasons to use a IBIS Smart-Binder
Reducing your production costs
- In-line or off-line operation.
- Up to 2440 pages/min throughput (up to 12,000 books/hr output).
- Stitched and glued books up to 60mm (2.36”) thick from the same machine.
- Low running costs.
Enhancing your book quality
- Individual sheet folding for better lay-flat of saddle-bound books up to 200 pages.
- ISG cold gluing available for increased strength and improved lay-flat.
- Three -side trimming.
- Square-backed books (SB-4 only) with 4-scored covers and wheel side-glue.
- Bar code sheet tracking and auto-reject.
Increasing your up-time
- Very robust, high quality machine construction for 7 x 24 hr, reliable operation.
- Easy and quick to maintain.
- First-level product support available from all leading printer vendors, combined with professional training and support from the IBIS field support team.
- Focus on operator and maintenance training.