AfriCarbon (Pty) Ltd
carbon sequestration, Carbon Stocks
AfriCarbon is consequently uniquely positioned to provide the following services to landowners:
- design of a carbon sequestration project in degraded thicket, including the restoration protocols suitable for different soil types and landscapes;
- development of a project document to enable the generation of carbon credits on the CDM or voluntary market;
- measurement of baseline carbon stocks in soils and biomass;
- monitoring of changes in carbon stocks in soils and biomass during the restoration process;
- facilitating the validation and verification of the carbon credits generated;
- selling the carbon credits on the local or international market.
The transaction costs of a single carbon sequestration project can run into millions of rands, and carbon buyers generally prefer to transact in large carbon credits quantities. This is a strong motivation for a large supplier entity. This will:
- enable landowners to achieve economies of scale;
- mimimize transaction costs;
- enable carbon credits to be marketed in large bundled packages.
, Carbon Stocks