Verimatrix: VCAS for Internet TV | Verimatrix
Security, digital tv, Internet Tv
Proliferation of Internet TV and mobile video access presents both competitive challenges and new opportunities for digital TV operators. The Verimatrix VCAS 3 architecture offers security convergence that addresses this new marketplace with a proactive revenue security and enhancement approach targeted at digital TV operators with IPTV, Hybrid, DVB or Mobile network architectures. VCAS 3 integrates protection techniques for these managed networks with standards-based security for Internet TV delivery on PC, phone, tablet and STB devices.
VCAS™ for Internet TV, a key option powered by the VCAS 3 platform, provides a complete digital TV security solution for over-the-top (OTT) services over networks implementing the HTTP Live Streaming protocol. Featuring multi-format support, VCAS for Internet TV secures OTT services to multiple screens and across multiple transports, including both broadcast (linear) and video-on-demand (VoD) delivery modes. Verimatrix ViewRight® Web clients provide cross-platform support for a variety of device categories, including PC/Macs, mobile handsets, web pads, STBs, connected TVs, etc.
HTTP Live Streaming provides automatic bit-rate adaptation to allow a common video stream URL to be shared between devices that have different screen resolutions, processing power and available network bandwidth. This ensures the best possible viewing experience for any given combination of these parameters, even when devices roam between networks.
The protocol incorporates a baseline security model for service. The tight integration with VCAS includes important extensions to the standard model that improve the capability to support subscription and transaction based pay-TV services. In particular, VCAS for Internet TV ensures that decryption keys are managed and selectively distributed to authorized clients only.
Furthermore, VCAS for Internet TV can be deployed either as a standalone solution for dedicated OTT services, or as part of a multi-network solution including IPTV, DVB, Hybrid, and other network topologies under a unified VCAS 3 security head-end.
Features and benefits of VCAS for Internet TV:
- VCAS 3 Single Content Authority -- Unified multi-screen security head-end
- Internet TV, IPTV, DVB, Hybrid, and Mobile TV under a common security framework
- Unified interfaces to operator management systems, e.g., common subscriber management system across devices and networks
- ViewRight Web client support for mass-market CE devices
- ViewRight Web for PC and Mac
- ViewRight Web for iPhone OS 3.0+ (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
- ViewRight Web for Android OS
- ViewRight Web for STB
- HTTP Live Streaming ideally suited to challenges of mobile and Internet TV
- Open standard allowing tight integration of the technology into the VCAS 3 head-end and client-side products
- Use of H.264 codecs and MPEG-2 TS, thus enabling straightforward integration into existing pay-TV head-ends
- Adaptation to variable QoS to ensure optimized user experience
- Highly scalable, straightforward technology for network deployment
- Multiple network support - broadband, 3G/4G wireless, Wi-Fi, etc.
- In addition, the VCAS MultiRights™ framework enables secure content distribution to off-the-shelf CE and mobile devices with native media players and non-Verimatrix DRM clients (e.g. Silverlight/PlayReady)
- Rapidly growing ecosystem and product options, including pre-integrations with leading encoding, VoD and streaming server vendors, and client-side platforms
, Internet Tv
, Network Topologies
, Revenue Security