Team Developer 6.0 delivers breakthrough speed and efficiencies in development productivity and performance, deployment to the Microsoft .NET framework, and building hosted applications in the cloud. Developers can now build .NET business applications quicker than ever before.
The combination of Team Developer 6.0’s front end productivity and ability to target multiple platforms by simply recompiling the application enables .NET applications to be delivered at the speed required by the business.
- Create latest technology .NET Desktop applications including powerful new .NET GUI options.
- Create .NET Browser applications, deploy your applications via a download URL and run them in a Browser.
- Create distributed applications utilizing Web Services, consume .NET Web Services using Team Developer.
- Provide TD APDs as a .NET SAL Library (DLL) to be used for modularizing large applications.
- Provide TD business logic as a .NET Class Library (DLL) to be reused by any .NET programming language such as C#.
- Leverage existing investments in C# code and call custom .NET Class Libraries (assemblies) from TD apps.
- Leverage the power of the .NET framework from within TD apps, call Microsoft .NET Class Libraries from TD apps.
Team Developer 6.0 Architecture
Team Developer Applications on .NET
- The new .NET build targets of TD 6.0 will include WPF based Desktop and Browser applications. WPF is a new Microsoft .NET technology that allows you to separate the user interface from
the application. The user interface of WPF apps is written in XAML, an XML based description of the GUI. TD 6.0 generates XAML files for all the windows of an application. These XAML
files can then be edited by designers to apply custom themes or any other properties from the rich and powerful XAML language, giving TD WPF apps truly outstanding GUI capabilities.
- The TD 6.0 WPF applications can be deployed as Desktop and Browser applications including a new thin client for database connectivity based on Microsoft WCF that avoids
installing database client software on every user’s machine; instead database access is managed on the server side.
Debugging .NET Applications
- Debugging TD .NET applications works the same way as debugging TD applications in the past. However, for .NET applications, TD 6.0 uses a new .NET debugger that is based
on Microsoft’s .NET debugging class library (System.Diagnostics).
Components and Distributed Applications
- TD 6.0 allows creating distributed applications using .NET Web Services. TD 6.0 can consume Web Services hosted on any platform or technology.
- The client app can run as .NET desktop and .NET browser apps.
- Experienced .NET developers can also use the .NET WCF technology and TD 6.0’s ability to call .NET classes to create distributed applications based on WCF.
Deploying TD Business Logic on .NET
Leveraging Custom or Microsoft .NET Class Libraries
Migrating Applications to .NET
- Are you considering migrating your TD applications or part of your apps to .NET using competitive products? We suggest you look at Team Developer 6.0 .NET first – it will save
you time and money.
- Have you thought about the costs and risks involved in migration, such as fill in the holes coding work and testing of migrated applications on .NET? This can easily be in the
100,000 of $/€ range.
- What if this add on to Team Developer can do the same for you? Take a look today at the features of Team Developer 6.0 due in 2010.
- TD 6.0 includes a true .NET MSIL compiler -- no migration process involved -- to compile existing and new applications to a variety of .NET build targets.
The information in this article was current at 08 Nov 2011