A quick and effective tool used to calculate the actual space required by an organisation in order to operate effectively.
Blocking and stacking:
A simple and effective process to determine how an organisation may utilise a particular space -- where certain departments and ancillary areas may be placed in relation to one another. This assists in the evaluation of the suitability of one building against another.
A generic spreadsheet that contains all the latest construction, furniture and decorating rates. This can be applied to any building to produce an estimate of what it will cost to fit out and / or refurbish a particular space. When this is used in conjuction with the space calculation document it enables an organisation to compare buildings in a holistic manner, taking into account both the lease costs as well as the potential fit out expenditure
A detailed floor plan indicating the actual position and size of the furniture and fittings, whether new or existing, positioned and grouped by department or area. This gives a comprehensive “snap shot” of how the space will then be utilised.
Final specifications, detailing and finishes boards. A complete set of drawings used by the costing and construction teams to interpret the overall requirements in terms of the look and feel, as well as the detail of how everything will be implemented. Incorporating:
- Ergonomics and flow
- Ecologically sound or sustainable “green” design and specification.
- Latest trends in material sourcing.
- Technology requirements.
- Furniture requirements and special needs.
3 Dimensional computer imaging:
Allowing the design concept to be viewed upfront, by way of a photo quality rendering.
Costing and procurement:
Turnkey Interiors extensive industry experience and contacts gives us the ability to secure and utilise the latest products available in the world markets. Ensuring at all times that the correct products and materials are used, and keeping in line with set budgets and global trends, suggesting new ways of working and compiling a fully comprehensive breakdown on each and every item required to complete a project. Our in-house 1000m2 joinery facility allows us to custom make furniture solutions that meet most budget constraints and lead time challenges, with our own decorating and construction teams enabling us to allocate resources efficiently and control the final quality.
Managing supplier and contractor payments from project inception to the final draw.
Project and on-site Management is crucial to a successful, timeous, quality, clean and hassle free project delivery. Understanding of the typical time constraints involved in fit-outs, as well as the specific Health and Safety rules and regulations, landlord and/or Centre Management restrictions. Monitoring and co-ordinating supplier and contractor attendance and ensuring site specific time frames and quality in the deliverables, are adhered to. Final snagging and ultimate hand-over.
Retail Work (Methodology):
Conceptual design, planning , Implementation and Project/on-site management:
Working closely with clients on new store design or refurbishment of existing. From concept through to completion. This includes generation of 2-dimensional space planning and 3-dimensional (photo-realistic) views of the space. Detailing all the required services in order to effectively cost and prepare budgets for client use, centre management approval, and construction use. Research and develop new ways of working in line with each client's specific product display and storage requirements.Retail considerations often include the followings tasks:
Matching of existing or new design specifications both for local and international clients.
Making recommendations on product choice and trends.
Sustainable and suitable material choices.
Ability to supply detailed lighting and merchandising solutions/recommendations.
Adhering to tight deadlines and planning in advance on longer lead items.
In-house shop fitting facility, offering greater control.
More intense management of the site (centre management, limited access, workable hours, fast-tracking).
Previous clients include:
- Europcar South Africa, OR Tambo International Airport, Cape Town International Airport, King Shaka International Airport, Sandton Eye.
- Bryanston Jewellers – Bryanston Shopping Centre
- NAF NAF – Ladies fashion outlet – Eastgate Shopping Centre
- Starbucks coffee kiosks – Montecasino
- Insense Home Décor – Centurion Mall
- Bearingman national sales center up-grade – Various branches
- Legacy cigar bar – Legacy Hotel – Sandton City shopping centre
- Pam Golding – Various branches in Gauteng
- Molton Brown – Stutterfords – Sandton City shopping centre
- Adidas – Head Office, showroom
- Super Call cellular – Hyde park Corner
- Autopage Cellular – Vodaworld Midrand
- Telkom – 8Ta – National rollout of new concept stores
- Honda SA – National dealer rollout
- Adams Discount Home store
- Kids Planet – Concept
- La Espanol – Concept
- Leapfrog – Colony Shopping Centre
Sub-Saharan Africa chapter:Turnkey Interiors
has to-date successfully implemented a number of African projects, ranging from smaller custom furniture exports to full concept design, planning and on-site project installations. This is an area that the company is planning to expand and as such has set up a dedicated company -- Turnkey International Design Holdings
. Experience has enabled the company to better position its services for the export market, and given it an understanding of the various constraints and limitations involved in finding solutions to problems in adverse/remote environments.
Manufacturing and sourcing of all the required products and materials necessary to complete each project in full. Coordinating and managing all of the associated tasks involved throughout the project life cycle to completion. Licensed to import/export.
Recent and current projects
- Kira Road private residence – Kampala Uganda
- 1st Street Home Décor – Kampala Uganda
- Konkola Copper Mines – Chingola Zambia
- Boda Boda Restaurant Bar and Night Club– Kampala Uganda
- Diamond Trust Bank – KampalaUganda
- Kenya Airways – Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi and Mozambique
- Menongue – Hotel, cinema and restaurant - Angola