Trade In Motion
Export Documentation, Landed Cost
What is the Trade Management Console?The TMC is an automated export workflow management system. Its unique component based technology uses a transaction controller to standardise the way exports are handled ….from enquiry …to quotation …negotiation … full firm offer … to proforma invoice …. and then it generates a full set of export documentation from a single source, cutting down margin for error by not having to fill in data repetitively, substantially reducing documentation compliance risks. The TMC has costing sheets giving comprehensive lists of cost items to enable accurate costing of shipments per transport mode and Incoterm, right down to DDP if needed … assisting you to quickly determine the profitability of the export transaction. The TMC has been developed solely with dealing with the complexities of South African exporting in mind. We already have quite a few major organisations and manufacturers using the TMC and many exporters are starting to find that they cannot do without this trade management system. >> FeaturesThe Trade Management Console provides all the processes an exporter needs to cost, transact and ship an order globally. Features include:
>> More TMC Features!
- Use of the transaction controller to standardise the export workflow process and report on the status of multiple consignments being processed simultaneously.
- A database on the TMC manages the details of all the trade related organisations and contacts you deal with on a daily basis (Logistics, Finance, Importers).
- The TMC system is user-friendly making it is easy to create, edit and maintain your own electronic product catalogue.
- The catalogue shows items in product categories, by type, with a full colour picture, price and a description of product attributes, providing comprehensive details of the products on offer to International Importers.
- Easy to submit your product catalogues directly into multiple electronic market sites. All changes to your catalogue are automatically synchronised with the market site.
- Manage your pricing by implementing future price changes and promotions.
- The potential Buyer is provided with an easy to use, convenient and hassle-free online web buying facility, which enables the Importer to initiate enquiries or order products.
- Information technology provides cost savings by communicating the sales offering Internationally at greatly reduced cost to your business (e.g. eliminates the need for printed marketing material), and provides the ability for you and customers to transact efficiently and professionally long distance.
- The ability to communicate over longer distances can be used to increase your customer base whilst still managing customer relationships effectively, the result of which is increased competitiveness and profit for your organisation.
- Receive enquiries, or requests for quotations, from international or local buyers directly into your trade management console on your desktop.
- Manage the complete export transaction process with a single workflow system that provides the ability to generate detailed quotations
- Built into this process is a landed cost system that enables the exporter to accurately cost shipments down to DDP level if needed.
- Integrate directly with your service providers to complete instant estimates and landed cost quotes.
- Negotiate with the importer using a built-in instant messaging tool to agree on terms and negotiate pricing.
- Electronically submit a proforma invoice to the buyer, which enables him to request a letter of credit from his bank.
- A user management system allows certain staff members to have access only to the part of the process for which they are responsible. In other words, where multiple users are using the system access can be granted or denied so that each staff member can work only on the system components that are relevant to their particular job.
>> TMC Benefits
- The TMC generates batches of documents from a single template improving productivity, providing a reduction in the time and the cost of administration in manually filling out documentation. The TMC’s computerised process management generates a set of 6 different core export documents cutting down administration time by eliminating the need to re-enter the same data repetitively.
- The information put into the TMC goes through a validation process to check that all the necessary details have been provided to be placed into the correct position on each document. This also greatly reduces the margin for human error, the frustration that goes with time consuming manual functions and improves productivity within the export department. Plus your export department has easy access to the latest versions of the export documents through regular online updates provided by Visage Software.
- The core export documentation includes:
- DA550/DA551 & DA554 Bill of Entry Export
- F178 Exchange Control Declaration
- Packing List
- Commercial Invoice
- Forwarders Instruction
- Bill For Collection Schedule.
- These can then be submitted electronically i.e. future compliance with new government technology requirements, including customs and the ECT Bill, or where this is not set-up, they can be printed and submitted via fax, hand delivery or post. Electronic filing for easy retrieval of documents provides an electronic “paper” trail for reporting purposes.
- Optional extra export documents available for download through the component update facility are:
- EUR1 Movement Certificate
- Cargo Dues
- GSP Form A
- CCA1 Declaration of Goods Removed
- NA500 Namibian Declaration
- Shippers Declaration of Dangerous Goods.
- Integration into the National Electronic Trade and Documentation Management System. A government initiative that facilitates the sending of electronic documentation between service providers such as banks, freight forwarders and SARS.
- Online 24/7 export orders and processing.
- Simplified documentation and workflow.
- Reduction of transaction, regulation and compliance risks.
- Speeding up calculations to costing and determine the feasibility of the deal.
- Shortening response time between Importer enquiry and quotation.
- Reduce transaction cycle times and reduction of inventory.
- Reduction in administrative and documentation costs.
- Increased competitiveness for exporters.
- Better customer relationship management.
- New market opportunities and increase customer base through trade portals/e-marketplaces.
- Compliance with new government technology requirements, including customs and the ECT Bill.
Marketing is given the ability to post product catalogues to electronic marketplaces
, export administrators will have their workflow standardized
and accuracy improved by the documentation and messaging system. Export managers have access to comprehensive information on the status
of every transaction including a “paper” trail for audit purposes, plus optional integration with Nextlinx
enables him to do quick, interactive queries
that provide information to classify a product, calculate landed cost, screen for denied parties and/or determine document and license requirements. >> Nextlinx ConnectivityNextlinx
can be added into your TMC as an optional extra
giving it the ability to interact via the Internet with Nextlinx to provide the following:
- Transaction Wizard: Generates a landed cost, import controls, export controls, and document determination all in one search. 49 different countries of import and all countries of manufacture and export can be selected when using this wizard.
- Landed Cost Calculator: Calculates import duties, taxes and government charges based on the Customs value for any product imported into a country from as many as four different countries simultaneously. The Wizard can calculate based on the applicable preferential rate(s) or the default rate. A warning message will also appear if anti-dumping duties or countervailing duties may apply for a given commodity. Duties and taxes on complex tariff numbers for the US including ensembles, tool sets, and watches can be calculated. Quick Quote can be used to retrieve duty and tax rates only.
- Product Classification: Provides several search methods to determine the import or export classification number for any product. It also enables the mapping of HS numbers from one country to another.
- Trade Party Screening: Provides the names of persons, companies, and organizations that have been identified by government or international authorities as unacceptable trading partners. Current import or export embargoes in effect are also identified.
- Regulatory Controls: Identifies barriers to trade including import or export license or permit requirements, quotas, anti-dumping or countervailing duties, and embargos. Useful information to facilitate the international trading of goods is also included.
- Trade Documentation: Lists pertinent commercial, governmental, and transport documents required for an import-export transaction.
- Utilities: Contains audit trail, currency conversion and password administration functionality
NextLinx’s prestigious list of customers include: Boeing, FedEx, UPS, ABN AMRO, Cisco Systems, 3Com, Fairchild Semiconductor, Rockwell Automation, Sotheby’s and Panasonic. The TMC is designed to keep up with the changing requirements
of the South African exporter. This includes constant updates
to export documents, regulatory and compliance information and software upgrades. Updates and upgrades are remotely managed via the Internet using the TMC’s component update facility. System Requirements:
Pentium Celeron or higher, 64MB RAM, 2GB Free Disk Space, Modem or Internet Connection, Windows Compatible Printer. For the Server (if running SQL server):
Pentium III or higher, 128MB RAM, 20GB Free Disk Space. Call Trade in Motion now on +27 (0) 21 7618025, to arrange a demonstration at your office from which you will see immediately that the TMC saves you time and most importantly money, whilst substantially reducing transaction, regulation and documentation compliance risks.
, Landed Cost