SportsTran - Transporting on a Trailer
Trailer, Golf Cart, Utility Vehicle
Read and Understand all Disclaimers, Warnings, Cautions and Danger items below.
If the golf cart or utility vehicle must be transported over long distances or on public highways, it should be transported on an approved trailer that has the approved load rating of 1200 lb. (544 kg) per golf cart or utility vehicle being transported.
NOTE: A two-car trailer should be rated at 2 x 1200 = 2400 lb. (2 x 544 = 1088 kg).
- For use on public roads, the trailer must meet all federal, state, and local requirements such as taillights, brake lights, etc.
- Do not tow a Club Car golf cart or utility vehicle behind a passenger vehicle or truck on a public road unless it is on an approved trailer.
- The golf cart or utility vehicle to be towed should be tied securely to the trailer, with the Forward/Reverse handle or switch in the NEUTRAL position, the key switch in the OFF position, and the park brake firmly pressed and locked.
- Do not allow people in the trailer or vehicle being towed.
- Avoid sudden starts, sudden stops, and tight turns when towing.
- Avoid stopping on a hill when towing. If you must stop on a hill, avoid sudden starts or rolling backwards and stopping suddenly. Failure to heed this warning could cause the vehicle to overturn, possibly resulting in severe personal injury.
- When towing on a trailer, normal road speed of the tow vehicle should be reduced.
- Because of the added length of the trailer, caution should be used when turning a corner.
- Remove the golf cart or utility vehicle windshield before transporting on a trailer.
- Gasoline vehicles only: Turn fuel shut-off valve to the closed (OFF) position.
The material provided above is solely for informational purposes only, and is not intended to supplement, modify or act as a substitute for the manufacturer's owners manual. This information is of a general nature and may not apply to specific makes and models. Consult your owner's manual for golf cart or utility vehicle specific information, or contact a trained service technician. Sports Transportation, LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability for claims, rights, demands, expenses, actions, and/or causes of action whatsoever (including without limitation, negligence, gross negligence, breach of statutory duty or any tortious liability), arising out of or in any way related to any loss, damage, or injury, including without limitation death, that may be sustained by individuals or entities, or any property of individuals or entities, as a result, directly or indirectly, of the information provided herein.
, key switch
, Shut-off Valve
, Utility Vehicle