SolarSpace offers two types of flat collectors.
1. IKARUS Flat Collector
Flat collectors are suitable for all kinds of roofs. They can be assembled vertically and horizontally.
For flat roofs a special construction is built to carry the collectors.
A heattransfer fluid circulates between the collector and the hot water storage tank.
• Rectangular, shallow box made with a strong frame of durable aluminium
• Collector covered with solar security glass, hail resistant
• Casing and cover linked elastically with UV and heatproof special glue
• Absorber surface of highly selected vacuum-coated copper sheet metal, completely welded to the double grille, tested for durable resistance
• Temperature, moist and gas evaporation resistant mineral wool as insulating material in the collector
• Non-toxic heat-transfer fluid circulating through double copper absorbers with two pipeline connections
• Vertical or horizontal installation possible
• 10 years guarantee
• Certified according to EC guideline 97/23/CEE and RAL UZ 73 (blue angel) 2. IKARUS Flat Collector - Interior Modular WK 2
Aesthetically appealing collector which is built into the roof. Suitable for all kinds of roofs with an inclination of over 27°. Especially suitable for new buildings and roof reconstructions. All connections are safely installed under the roof - invisible from outside. A heat-conducting fluid circulates between the collector and storage tank. Technical Data
Gross surface: 1.00 m² 2.00 m²
Absorber surface: 0,85 m² 1,80 m²
(Other technical data same as Flat Collector) Technical Description
• Collectors are fixed directly to the roof traverse
• Collectors can be assembled vertically or horizontally
• Non-toxic heat conducting liquid circulates through double copper absorbers with two pipeline connections
• Rear wall of the casing is made of waterproof impregnated wood with 50 mm stone wool as insulating material
• Highly selected coated copper absorber, glass strips, screws and connector set
• Collector is covered with solar security glass, hail resistant
• Connection between tiling and collector through professional roof sheet metal construction
• Roof inclination must be over 27° (in case it is less than 27°, please consult the supplier)
• Certified according to EC guideline 97/23/EC and RAL UZ 73 (blue angel)