Embedded RFID Aionex Case Study for Patient Safety
Aionex developed the Advanced Patient Response Platform (APRP), a fully integrated software solution that communicates and documents information from various sources to specific personnel for delivering patient care and services. This tracking system allows hospitals to monitor patients and staff and to report timed events to ensure efficient operations and delivery of high-quality patient care. The APRP is used in emergency rooms, operating rooms and intensive care units. SkyeTek's embedded RFID readers provide Aionex's APRP with the information it needs to monitor patient care, authenticate hospital staff members and track process efficacy.
- Reduce restrictions incumbent with previous infrared technology
- Improve ease of use and wearability
- Embed RFID in an extremely small form factor
- Forward compatibility to preserve investment as technology evolves
- Highly effective RFID reader technology
- Low total cost of ownership
- Support for ISO 15693
- SkyeTek software provided a single application programming interface (API) that provides simple connection and development for networked systems
- Tiny RFID reader footprint the size of four postage stamps
- The cost effective pricing of SkyeModules drove profitability for the overall solution.
- Remote field upgradeable firmware keeps readers updated with the latest technology, security and tag support