VPN Lite | Sizwe Broadband
Do Your Own Networking
Telkom VPN Lite is a secure, easy-to-use, cost-effective virtual private network (VPN) solution on ADSL or WiMAX access anywhere in South Africa.
Standard Telkom ADSL access lines and standard ADSL modems are used as routers to connect the branches of your business.
VPN Lite is a certified Cisco Powered Network. VPN Lite offers end-to-end integrated IP-VPN solutions with General Data (best effort) quality of service, based on Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS).
VPN Lite offers VPNs designed for general business data requirements. It is flexible and scalable to meet changing business needs.
- VPN Lite Management Portal. The web portal provides an intuitive graphical user interface, to configure and manage your VPN. The portal enables you to add, remove or change sites on your network as required, and you can monitor your VPN usage per site per day. It also contains a download section for router support and online help.
- Three packages to choose from. You have a choice of which monthly bandwidth package to subscribe to that best meets your networking requirements, with an option to upgrade at no additional cost to you.
- Cost savings. You can establish a network for your branch connectivity and general office applications at a fraction of the cost of a leased line network.
- Easy-to-use. The VPN Lite management portal simplifies the creation of your LAN or PC sites of your network. Online help for the automatic or manual setup of routers is also provided. Intermediate IP Networking skills are required if you need to change your network for customization.
- Flexibility. You are free to adjust the size of your network according to the changing needs of your business. You can also choose the package that best suits your needs and your pocket. You have complete control of all the sites on your network.
- Usage based billing. You only pay for the total usage on the VPN, not per site. You may add up to 20 sites to your network without affecting your monthly bill.
- Uncapped usage. You can use more than your monthly subscription. The monthly subscription includes a discounted usage volume. Your service is not interrupted if you exceed this. For any usage over your subscription you are billed at a standard rate per gigabyte. You are notified when you've reached 80% of your bandwidth subscription
- SMS notifications. You will receive an automatic text notification to your mobile number if your VPN usage reaches the 80% threshold of your subscribed package. This helps you to conveniently manage your monthly usage. It can also be used as an indication for the need to upgrade your package.
- Help Desk. A 24-hour help desk is provided for peace of mind.
Ordering and Service Activation
- To order your VPN Lite You must complete the application form provided and submit it to Telkom.
- If you do not already have access to eServices you must undergo a simple registration process before access may be granted. The VPN Lite Management portal is automatically linked to your user profile on eServices.
The Telkom Advantage
- Telkom has obtained critical mass by mobilising resources nationally and creating an extensive IP network to ensure that your VPN solution can be installed and maintained anywhere in South Africa;
- Telkom's IP network is a launching pad for future enhancements and products, which will improve integrated access and application based services; and
- Telkom has adopted best practice technical solutions to ensure a constant evolution and cost-effective deployment of new products and services.