Simulation Engineering Technologies Products - Simio
Simulation Engineering Technologies
| || |
SET is an authorized representative of the Simio® simulation software. Simio is the next generation in simulation technology.Simio is Simple for Beginners, Powerful for Experts and offers 3-D animation for impact.Simio breaks down the walls of traditional simulation software, giving you the power to rapidly build accurate 3-D animated models and objectively analyse alternatives to make informed decisions faster.Simio is a unique multi-paradigm simulation software tool that provides a rapid and flexible modeling capability without requiring programming.1) Lower total cost of ownership delivers faster results with less investment in time and money.
2) Integrated 3D technology provides an immersive visual experience.
- Faster modeling means lower project costs and faster realisation of project benefits.
- Initial software cost is lower than comparable products. Simio Design Edition is a full featured version including 3D. Simio Team Edition includes everything in Design Edition plus network server and unlimited free runtime distribution.
3) True object-oriented design makes Simio easy to extend.
- Simio is designed from the ground up using advanced 3D technology that is included at no extra charge. Beware of products that have older 2D technology - with 3D post-processors added as an afterthought and sold as an expensive add-on.
- Concurrent 3D allows you to see immediate results of model changes and instantly switch between 2D and 3D views.
- Simio is the first product to integrate Google 3D Warehouse for free access to over a million 3D symbols.
4) Modern user interface to simplify learning and using.
- Objects are easy to create even by novices. Patent-pending innovations allow objects to be defined graphically in processes without programming
- Simio was designed as a full object oriented product. Objects can be extended, added, and easily shared between projects and users.
- Simio add-on processes allow object behavior to be easily customised without actually changing the object. This eliminates the brick walls often encountered when a module or object is not designed to match the way your system works.
- All Simio library objects can be expanded to their components. They may optionally be revised and used as the basis for new user objects. Many products consider their module definitions proprietary and do not share them with customers.
- Intelligent objects can be aware of and interact with each other and easily make smart decisions. For example a resource may choose to remain idle because it is aware that a higher priority entity may soon need it.
5) Advanced architecture for the future.
- Simio has a modern Microsoft-style ribbon interface for an improved user experience.
- Simio provides extended tool tips that make learning and discovery easier with less reliance on referring to help or documentation.
- Simio’s 14 objects in the standard library offer comprehensive modelling capability.
6) Academic support to meet the needs of education.
- Many older products are based on 1980’s technology and are at the end of their life cycle. They are difficult to enhance as reflected in the timeliness and feature sets of their new releases. Simio is implemented using the latest .NET technology which allows Simio programmers to be extremely productive, often producing more new features each month than in the typical 12-18 month release cycle for older products.
- New .NET extensions and add-ons are routinely available providing limitless enhancement possibilities.
- The modelling objects in Simio are defined using graphical process flows that can be viewed and changed by the user. For example, if you want to change the behaviour of a vehicle or conveyor, you can simply change the object’s processes. Older products do not offer this capability.
- Simio’s architecture even allows advanced users to extend the Simio product itself by adding user defined Steps, Elements, Rules and other components using any of over 50 .NET languages.
For more information on Simio, please visit To schedule a demonstration of the software, please send an email to or call +27-12-660-3772.
- Universities: 100% grant provided to provide Simio at no cost. No renewal/maintenance fee. Free teaching materials.
- Students: Simio makes a full featured, unlimited model size version available to students.
| || |