Our Products and Offerings | Tank Brochure
Roto Trade Industries
GETTING THE BEST OUT OF YOUR ROTOTANK TANK
Place your RotoTank tank on a flat level surface.
- A solid wooden platform, smooth concrete plinth or smooth level bed of river sand is best.
- Increase the tank’s useful life by reducing the direct hours of sunlight to which the RotoTank tank is exposed.
- Positioning the RotoTank tank in the shade of trees, under a lean-to on the south side of a building or under shade cloth are some of the ways of protecting your RotoTank tank from excessive sunlight (UV rays).
Avoid mechanical damage by:
- Not lifting the RotoTank tank while it still has liquid in it.
- Ensuring that hot exhaust gases do not impinge directly onto the RotoTank tank and hot exhaust pipes do not touch the RotoTank tank.
- Ensuring that the RotoTank tank is not unnecessarily dropped and especially not onto it’s corners.
- Ensuring that high stress loads are not applied to the RotoTank tank by lifting equipment or “tie-down” securing straps and ropes. Avoid the use of steel cables and wire for this purpose.
- Storing only products that are compatible with the grade of Linear Low Density Polyethylene used for manufacturing your RotoTank tank. If in doubt, contact RotoTank for more advice.
- Only use RotoTank approved flanges, pipe fittings and tank connections.
- Modifications to RotoTank will negatively affect the warranty.
Reduce the temperatures to which the RotoTank tank is exposed by:
- Cleaning the area around your RotoTank tank to prevent fire damage.
- Not storing hot product (above 80° C) in your RotoTank tank for long periods of time. Where service temperature exceeds 40° C the supplier should be consulted. However, the RotoTank tanks can be steam cleaned with atmospheric steam.
- Keeping the RotoTank tank full of water when it is not being used for storing other liquids reduces the surface temperatures of the plastic and extends its life.