Data Collection in Healthcare Research for HIV/Aids Management
Digital Pen, Medical History, Pen And Paper
"ARV regimens are completed, detailed and patient specific. QuickForm simplifies case management and improves patient care. "
Complex ARV Management
Anti-retroviral (ARV) protocols generate data which needs to be collected, monitored and securely stored. Doctors need this information in real-time so as to adapt or redesign the ARV treatment for a patient.
The digital pen is simple to use as they handle just like normal pens, which means that work
processes do not changed.
Nursing Sister, HIV Clinic
QuickForm has made the collection of data for healthcare research simple, easy and accurate allowing the doctors and nurses to focus on patients instead of administration and technology.
QuickForm's case management simplifies the monitoring of a patient's treatement by automatically referring "beyond bounds" regimens and ARV case management issues to Case Experts.
Many Benefits of Using Quick Form
- QuickForm creates a single holistically managed data set. Everything written on a Case File is date and time stamped and linked to a unique case number.
- The data is sifted automatically through data ranges and business rules designed by experts to enable supervised task shifting.
- Near real-time updates give doctors peace of mind that protocols are being managed, clinical symptoms assessed and problem cases referred back.
- The hard copy of the case file remains at the clinic, while data is centralised to support healthcare research.
- Patient data is kept secure and confidential and can only be accessed through a unique QuickForm code.
- QuickTXT communicates to the QuickServer database using GPRS to retrieve clinical data.
- The digital pens store pages of continuous handwriting and batteries last for weeks.
- Internet, digital pen and paper and mobile txt-ing convergence enables real-time communication between patients, doctors, clinics, hospitals and pathology.
- Pathological data imported and saved into QuickServer can be retrieved and viewed on your cell phone anywhere.
What Data is Captured by QuickForm?
QuickForm captures and stores all the information in the ART Case Book. The ART Case Book combines a patient’s personal details, medical history and social history with a 12 month ART history.
- 12 month ART History:
- the nursing sister records the patient's monthly weight, blood pressure, respiratory rate, temperature, pulse, urine, WHO stage, saturation, Karnofsky and CDC stage.
- the counsellor confirms the patient’s psychological and social adherence.
- the doctor completes the patient’s history, findings and diagnosis.
- ARV Treatment:
The ARV Prescription is recorded, together with the number of pills issued, number of pills received and signatures of the pharmacist and patient.
- Pathology Data:
The following pathological data is recorded, CD4, CD4%, Viral Load, Log Value, Hb, MCV, RDW, WCC, Neutrophils, Platelets, Retic Count, Total Iron, Transferin, Saturation, Vrt B12, Folate, Occ Blood, ALT, AST, ALP, CGT, RPR, TPHA, HepB, Na, K, Ca, Urea, Creatinine, Anion Gap, Amylase, Lipaise, Chcl, Trig, Glucose, TSH, T4, Sputum, CSP, Pleural.
Graphs can be drawn based on the patient’s weight, Blood Pressure, Glucose, Cholesterol, Trigliserides, Creatine, CD4, CD4%, Log VL, Hb, ALT, Lactate.
Increase Your Business Profits Today
, Medical History
, Pen And Paper