The DXi6500 disk backup appliances with DXi 2.0 software provides simple and affordable solutions for user backup problems, and provides the industry’s fastest inline deduplication for a midrange appliance.
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides from 8 to 56TB Usable Capacity
- Provides industry-leading open-protocol performance in its class – up to 4.6TB/hour
- Reduces typical disk capacity needs by 90 percent or more through deduplication
- Simple NAS (CIFS, NFS) interface makes system easy to deploy and operate
- VM Backup Support for both traditional and agentless backup software
- Integrates smoothly with all leading backup applications, including NetBackup and Backup Exec 2010 under the Symantec OpenStorage (OST) API
The DXi6500 backup appliances solve complex backup problems simply and affordably by integrating the highest performance inline deduplication technology in to an easy-to-install, purpose-built appliance that includes all software licenses in the base price. The DXi6500 appliances provide industry-leading performance in their class –up to 4.6TB/hour, and provide an easily shared backup and restore resource for all leading backup applications using a simple NAS interface. The DXi6500’s DXi 2.0 software leverages the latest generation hardware and multiple storage tiers for leading backup applications using a simple NAS interface.
For disaster recovery protection, DXi6500 appliances replicates encrypted backup data between sites using global deduplication to reduce typical network bandwidth requirements by a factor of 20. And when it comes to long-term retention, DXi6500 appliances are designed to provide direct tape creation in conjunction with leading backup applications, including NetBackup and Backup Exec 2010 under the Symantec OpenStorage (OST) API. All DXi6500 models provide VM backup support for powerful protection of both virtual environments and conventional servers alike.
With DXi6500 appliances, it’s the integration into the broad data protection environment that turns our deduplication technology into a cost-effective way to solve important backup challenges. The end result? Multisite, multitier protection that’s easy to manage for backup, restore, and long-term retention.