The benefits of Oil Purification can not be measured as it is cost effective and saves money and down time.
This service is a COMPLETE PLANT SUBSTATION MAINTENANCE PROGRAMME and includes the following:
Gas Analysis, PCB Analysis, KV, PPM and Acidity Analysis (24 hours service)
Over a period of time all oil in Service collects Dust, Dirt and Water as
a result of the process of normal wears and tears. This results in a change in viscosity of the oil (Hydraulic Oil) lowering of flash point(Quenching oil) rusting of components excessive of components decrease in equipment life unplanned breakdown – Loss of Production high oil replacement costs.
These can be criminated by regular oiltesting or by visual inspection of the oil if water or solids are detected; using QP ELECTRICAL Oil purification service can clean the oil “onsite on load” oil must be replaced in a system without flushing outthe system. If the oil is purified while the equipment is working, most of the deposits that have collected in the piping can be removed as well. The purification service does not remove any of theadditives or inhibitors.
Cost of replacing oil
Life of equipment extended
No waste disposal costs The very latest and automated equipment is employed to produce results in accordance to the required S.A.B.S. 555 and SABS 780 and according to Eskom Standards and international standards. (Not SABS 555 approved) Our ORHVS is accordantly to the OSCH ACT and Eskom training procedures.
Switchgear Repairs and Wiring
We have an array of service to offer when it comes to Switchgear maintenance and Transformers.
- Check mechanical operation of all items, racking, shutters, VT’s etc.
- Meggar readings and pressure test/
- Primary Electrical testing on all relays complete with test certificates. We would also do recommendation on the setting of the relays if they are found to be incorrect.
- Closing and tripping on all circuit breakers including the following operations
- Check stroke
- All split pins fitted and open
- All hardware fitted and locked
- Over travel stops set
- Tank bolts not fouling top plate
- Tank gasket correct
- Stems “free travel” correct
- Mechanism lubricated
- Manual trip (with cover fitted)
- Moving contacts free of pods
- Oil level stencil correct (on oil circuit breaker only)
- Tank liners correct
- Earth slide contact fitted
- All labels fitted and correct
- Electrical test correct
- Paint finish satisfactory
- Tank interlock functional on panel
- Tank interlock functional on O.C.B
- Replace fixed contacts if applicable
- Replace moving contacts if applicable
- Oil change (including removal of old oil) on oil circuit breaker only
- Open / Close breaker in test position and check operation.
- Ductor test
- Pressure test
- Speed Trace
- Clean and grease main contacts
- Dispose of oil
- Service mechanism
- Blow out and clean breakers
- Inspect and clean all moving part Lubricate and mechanical moving parts
- Inspect Auxiliary contacts for defects
- Check for all loose connections
- Major test breaker
- Inspect charging motor for defects
- Drain oil and flash out
- Refill with transformer oil
Transformer Supplies and Repairs
The replacement / repairs of leaking gaskets, neoprene cone rubbers, bushings, inspection covers on on-load tap changers, conservators and valves. The repair and refurbishing of mini-substations, distribution transformers and power transformers. The purification, regeneration, supply and testing of transformer and light industrial oils. Sandblasting and spray painting of transformer components The supply and testing of protective relays. The supply of silica gel and breathers Infrared surveys
- Torque Ht Connections
- Torque Lt Connections
- Inspect transformer earth
- Replace Silica Gel
- Top up oil if necessary
- Clean Transformer
- Test Oil(oil samples before and after)
- Re tape all connections
- Complete Refurbishment and Re-gasketting
Infra-Red thermographs is the digital visual display of heat, i.e., heat in colour. Infra Red scanning can be a life saving and cost efficient method to streamline your maintenance and Risk Management.
QP Group knows what a daunting task it can be to identify and solve even the simplest home electrical challenges. That’s why we go out of our way not only to offer comprehensive solutions for all your residential electrical needs; we also provide you with the information and resources you need to make educated decisions about which solutions are best for you.We can help you with, upgrades, house wiring, repairs basically and residential electrical problem or complex 24 hour service.
Qp Group offers a great service when it comes to our commercial division we have been servicing the commercial sector for the past 30 years now and still growing strong ranging from all sorts of buildings, shopping centres, hotels, industrial buildings, hospitals, housing and apartment complexes.