As total broadband access subscriber rates and usage rise by leaps and bounds each year, service providers and municipalities of all kinds and sizes are facing a challenge: addressing customer and resident demands, respectively, for quick service delivery and high-speed network access – wherever they may be – at a low cost. The price associated with customer acquisition costs and ongoing last mile maintenance puts additional pressure on service providers to find new ways to cost-effectively deploy broadband access services to large numbers of customers.
- Faster time to market and lower Total Cost of Ownership
- Flexibility in service delivery using shared or dedicated bandwidth
- Scalability to handle rural and urban subscriber densities on the same infrastructure
- Security, performance and reliability that meets or exceeds leased line networks
- Part of Proxim's portfolio of fully integrated and centrally managed end-to-end wireless solutions
- Bridging of the digital divide
- Reaching home subscribers in new geographies
- Providing competitive commercial broadband access
- Connectivity for school buildings and districts
- High bandwidth connectivity for public hotspots
- Broadband service for multi-dwelling residences
- Public safety and transportation
WiMAX and outdoor Wi-Fi mesh solutions from Proxim Wireless give service providers the fastest path to new markets and revenue. Wireless networks can quickly and cost-effectively capture new customers by delivering the quadruple play of video, voice, data and mobility.
With Proxim, wireless networks can grow in all directions - from backhaul to laptop. Adding capacity or extending your network into new areas is simple when you work with Proxim, because Proxim is the only company to offer all the components in a complete, end-to-end scalable wireless solution – including the seamless integration and management of all components.