GOAL: Provide centralized, automated backup of laptops and PCs for long-term file backup, recovery, and revisioning.
Data maintained and edited on laptops and PCs represent one of the largest data repositories for companies today, yet are the least
protected digital asset. In fact, industry trends show that up to 60% of corporate information is at risk. This trend will continue to grow
as laptops become more prevalent as desktop replacements.While traditional backup solutions have
focused on the server infrastructure within
IT environments, data stored outside of these
servers has been neglected – and thus
As workforce mobility increases, what are your
plans to meet this growing challenge?Business Challenges
Peer Solution's Benefits
- How do you handle the different connectivity states of a mobile end-user (i.e. “on net” when in the corporate office, “off net but connected remotely” when at home or in a hotel, and “temporarily disconnected” when working while on a flight)?
- How do you centrally configure, deploy and monitor a back-up solution in real time for a system that may be constantly mobile?
- How do you ensure back-ups occur to the central corporate storage infrastructure without creating complex processes that require end-user actions?
- How do you ensure efficient and secure data transfer from anywhere in the world?
The PeerSync Laptop & PC Backup Package for the Enterprise Workforce addresses each of these challenges and enables centralized configuration, deployment and monitoring of continuous data protection for both laptops and PCs.
While there are many solutions and methodologies trying to address this need today, a comprehensive review of requirements should be made to ensure that any product chosen meets all the complex challenges presented from a distributed workforce
With this in mind, the PeerSync Laptop & PC Backup Package was created to include the following functionality:
- Centralized backup configuration and deployment
- Centralized monitoring console
- Backup auto-start with intelligent “connection” check (i.e. no end-user action required)
- Real-time event detection and back-up when connected
- Multiple Source / Target path configurations allowed
- Enterprise grade encryption for data transfer
- Byte-level replication
- Bandwidth throttling
- Open / locked file processing (e.g. Outlook .pst files)
- UNC Path and TCP/IP Support
- Transfer file ACLs
- Inadvertent file deletion protection
- Revision control
- Log files by job and by laptop
- Blackout schedule options