Paragon's Integrated Fleets option adds a further level of sophistication to its multi-site transport and logistics optimisation capabilities. It enables vehicles and drivers at multiple sites to be treated as a single integrated transport resource, so that movements from different depots can be combined into efficient routes that reduce overall empty running. This inter-working of multiple fleets generates route plans with efficient backloads, which increases asset utilisation, improves productivity and reduces empty mileage.
Transport planning of integrated fleets with Paragon software helps you:
- Optimise all vehicles as a single resource, irrespective of location
- Decrease empty running and increase loaded miles per vehicle
- Ensure quick and efficient automatic routing for operations involving combined fleets based at different locations
- Optimise complex logistics operations such as those involving warehouses or production sites with different products serving the same customer base, or combined primary and secondary distribution operations.
How does Paragon distribution planning software work?
Paragon's software is highly configurable and capable of handling the wide range of transport constraints that arise in logistics operations.
Running on a Windows operating platform, Paragon's transport optimisation system holds details of customer addresses, delivery quantities, time windows, vehicle sizes, driver shift details, and other transportation parameters.
Using a highly developed algorithm designed specifically for optimising road-based transport operations, Paragon's software uses digital mapping to calculate the most effective delivery and collection sequences with accurate journey times, allocating loads to appropriate vehicles and drivers accordingly. This ensures that the schedules are geographically feasible to meet promised arrival time windows, while improving fleet utilisation and productivity through efficient routes with minimal total mileage incurred and empty running reduced.
- Cut total transport costs
- Reduce total distance and time incurred by planning efficient backloads
- Enable a complex operation to be planned quickly and efficiently
- Increase loaded miles and cut empty running
You May Also Be Interested In