Determine the condition of the surface and what type of paint was previously applied.
If fungi growth is evident, wash down with FUNGAL WASH, rinse with clean water and leave to dry.
If paint has peeled leaving an indentation after scraping off, apply one coat of DAMP CURE to the area and then fill area with PROGOLD ALL PURPOSE CRACK FILLER. Apply one coat of DAMP CURE over the PROGOLD ALL PURPOSE CRACK FILLER.
* Sand down with 80 Grit sandpaper and remove sanding residue with a damp cloth.
* Check for nail heads and steel cover strips. If rust is evident, apply two coats of RUST PRIMER.
* Fill all holes/cracks with PROGOLD ALL PURPOSE CRACK FILLER and spot prime when dry with DAMP
CURE (6 hours drying time).
* Fill any gaps between ceilings boards and cornices, and between cornices and walls with Acrylic Gap
Filler/Acrylic Polyurethane sealer.
* If water marks appear; apply a coat of UNIVERSAL UNDERCOAT. Where dampness appears on
concrete ceilings apply a coat of DAMP CURE after removing all paint to bare substrate.
* If an acrylic paint was previously used, apply two coats of ACRYLIC PVA paint e.g. TRADE MATT,
FILLERCOAT, WALL PRIMER or MATT. if an oil based paint was previously used, apply two coats of
an oil based paint.
* When in an environment of steam or moisture atmosphere, apply one coat of UNIVERSAL UNDERCOAT
followed by two coats of ENAMEL / NON-DRIP ENAMEL / ULTRASHEEN / ULTRAGLOSS.