1. Direct application to new or previously painted, correctly prepared galvanized iron, fiber cement and cement
NB: Priming with Surface Restorer on cementitious surfaces will increase performance of paint system.
2. Application to galvanized garage doors, cladding, cement plaster, garden pots, facia boards and timber.
3. Application to primed ferrous metals.
4. As a waterproofing topcoat over saturated membranes.
1. Good UV resistance hence does not chalk - normal fading of colours can take place over time.
2. Waterbased for easy cleaning and short re-coating periods.
3. Durable against normal weather conditions.
4. Versatile - can be used on cement roof tiles or corrugated iron roofs.
5. Easy to apply.
6. Specifically formulated with outstanding adhesion to cope with flexibility of galvanized gutters and cladding under varying temperatures
7. Product contains anti-fungal properties.
Appearance: Low Sheen
Colours: As per latest colour cart.
Tint bases to tint most of the colours on the system
Solids: +- 50 % by amass and +- 33 % by volume.
Density: +- 1,25 kg/l
Spreading rate: 3 - 8 m²/l dependent on roughness/absorption of surface
Flash point: Non-flammable
Keep containers properly sealed.
Store away from direct heat, sun and severe cold.
1Lt, 5Lt, 20Lt.
Mixing: Stir well before use.
Method: Roller, brush or airless spraygun.
Thinning: Not required unless for spraying, then with 10 % water.
Cleaning: Tap water
Conditions: Temperature between 10 C and 45 C and relative humidity less than 85 %.
Drying time: 1/2 - 1 hour at
Re-coating time: 6 hours at 23C
Requirements: 2 coats
Surface must be sound, clean and dry (moisture level below 15 %, cementitious surfaces) before painting.
1. New galvanised iron Clean with GP Cleaner/water mixture (1:5) and scouring pads to remove
any oily layer or oxidation and rinse thoroughly.
2. Cement tiles Powdery or chalk surface must be made sound with Surface Restorer.
3. Weathered fire cement Must be treated with two coats Dampcure.
4. Fire cement and cement plaster Primed with Dampcure.
5. Weathered galvanised iron Loose rust and oxidation must be mechanically removed and then
coated with two coats Rust Primer
6. Cement tiles Must b cleared of any algae and fungus and then sterilized before
1. Alkyd and enamel roof paint Remove chalkiness and loose flaking paint - sand lightly, wash down
with GP Cleaner/water solution (1:5) and rinse thoroughly.
2. Bitumen Aluminium Not recommended
3. Micaceous Iron Oxide Remove all loose material and do a masking tape test before proceeding.
1. Cannot be applied to wet or damp surfaces or in conditions other than specified, or if rainfall or dew is imminent.
2. Weathering takes place over time. Brighter colours tend to weather more.
3. Cannot be applied to roofs' that ac as catchments for drinking water.
4. Metal roof's must not be exposed to rain within 12 hours of application