Final coat for:
1. Correctly prepared interior and exterior unglazed brick and cement plaster free of hairline cracks.
2. Sound previously painted surfaces.
3. Correctly prepared gypsum plaster and fibre cement board.
1. Waterbased, easy clean up, low odour, non-toxic.
3. Good UV resistant properties - normal fading of colours can take place over time.
4. Matt finish, thus not highlighting imperfections like a sheen or gloss paint.
5. Good washability and resists formation of shiny patches on cleaning.
6. Good stain resistance for a matt finish coating.
Colours: White and colours as per latest colour card.
Tint bases to tint most of the colours on the tint system.
Solids: +- 54 % by mass and 35 % by volume.
Density: +- 1.45kg/l
Spreading rate: 4m² - 8m² per litre, depending on surface Textured.
Flash point: Non flammable
Store away from direct heat, sun and severe cold
1Lt, 5Lt, 20Lt.
Mixing: Stir before use.
Method: Roller, brush or airless spray.
Thinning: Not recommended.
Cleaning: Tap water
Conditions: Temperature between 5C and 40C. Relative humidity of less than 85 %,
preferably between 10:00 and 16:00.
Drying time: Touch dry = 30 minutes.
Recoating time: 4 hours at 23C.
Requirements: Two coats.
Surface must be sound, clean and dry (moisture content below 15 %) before painting.
1. Exterior cement plaster Prime with one coat Dampcure
2. Interior cement plaster Prime with one coat Wall Primer or Fillercoat
3. Gypsum plaster/board Prime with one coat Plaster Primer
4. Fibre Cement Prime with one coat Dampcure.
It is advisable to test the compatibility of coatings when redecorating is involved, i.e. paint a small section and then check the adhesion after 24 hours by applying a strip of masking tape and attempting to rip the paint off.
1. Gloss Paint, Eggshell Enamel, sheen emulsion paint Clean with detergent and apply coat Universal
2. Matt emulsion paint Clean with detergent, sand to matt finish and
3. Powdery surfaces Wire brush, high-pressure water jet and then
apply one coat Dampcure or Surface Restorer.
4. Poor condition surfaces, i.e. excessive peeling Strip down and treat as per new work.
1. Cannot be applied in cold and moist conditions.
2. Product cannot accommodate excessive movement, i.e. Hairline cracking or application onto flexible
coatings like Textured coats and waterproofing systems.
3. Spot touching up over large areas will be noticeable.
4. Not as durable as Textured, Satin or Sheen as an exterior finish, but more economical.
5. Less washable than Sheen and Eggshell Enamel on smooth interior surfaces.
6. Can be used as first coat on new cement plaster.
7. Cannot be used on excessively rough plasters as varying thickness in the coating can lead to cracking.
8. Cannot tolerate more than 3% volume Universal Undercoat.