1. Primer for new cement and gypsum board.
2. Surface conditioner for chalky friable surfaces.
3. Cure for rising damp on interior walls when applied correctly and onto bricks to prevent rain penetration.
1. Good adhesion to cement plaster and chalky painted surfaces.
2. Good barrier against rising damp and penetrating rain.
3. Alkali resistant to go directly onto fresh cement.
4. Mocroporous to allow water vapour to move out of walls.
5. Water resistant.
6. Can be recoated by any conventional decorative coating.
7. Can be left as a final coat, but will chalk over time.
Solids: 67 % by mass and 38 % by volume.
Density: 1,37 kg/litre
Spreading Rate: 2 - 6m /litre dependant on surface Texture and porosity.
Flash point: 43C
Keep containers properly sealed and avoid moisture contact.
Store away from direct heat, sun and severe cold.
1Lt, 5Lt, 20Lt.
Mixing: Stir before use.
Method: Roller, brush.
Thinning: Mineral turps or industrial thinners.
Cleaning: Mineral turps
Conditions: Temperature between 5 C and 40 C. Relative humidity of less than 85 %,
preferably between 10:00 and 16:00.
Drying time: 6 hours.
Recoating time: 18 - 24 hours.
Requirements: One coat as a primer, two to three coats as waterproofing barrier.
Surface musts be sound, clean and dry (moisture content below 15%) before painting.
Plaster sand to comply with SABS 1090 requirements. Plaster mix must have a minimum thickness of 10mm, free from soft and friable material and comply with SABS 0164-1 for strenth (MPA).
1. Cement plaster Apply directly.
2. Cement plaster with rising damp One thinned coat (up to 20% with Mineral Turps) and two thick barrier
coats directly to plaster.
3. Chalky surfaces Remove chalkiness, and then apply one coat thinned 20% with
turpentine and one coat unthinned.
1. Can be applied directly onto sound painted surfaces.
2. Surfaces in poor condition Remove and treat as new work.
1. Product can not withstand movement.
2. Should not be applied to old paint when used to cure rising damp.
3. Penetration into friable surfaces must be checked for efficiency before proceeding.
4. Cannot be applied to highly polished cement surfaces e.g. steel and powerfloated.
5. Product cannot handle more than constant 40% damp/moisture.
6. Not to be applied as a primer on cement floors.