Activities and Attractions
business accommodation, Vacation Lodging, tourist accommodation
ACTIVITIES & ATTRACTIONS:
- 4×4 Routes: There are various routes, some steep in
Anglo Boer War history, along the escarpment with picturesque views and
San paintings, or along the riverbed with huge Namaqua fig trees
clinging to the rock surfaces. A must during spring when thick carpets
of flowers adorn the countryside.
- Akkerendam Nature Reserve: Offering walks for the
fit or the frail. Afford you to take in the magnificent scenery, study
the Sterboom and up to 65 species of birds.
- Dutch Reformed Church: Design by Gaysford, a Potchefstroom architect, the church is in neo-gothic style and cost 1,200 pounds to build.
- Grave of Abraham Esau: Anglo-Boer War martyr
- Museum: House in the art deco Old Synagogue built
in 1920, exhibits portray the lives of the early European settlers. A
cedarwoodhorsemill and old locomotive train relate the history of the
- Spring Flowers: Durning the Flower Season (September – October) each year, up-to-date maps direct flower-lovers to the best shows.
- Hantam Meat Festival: (Last week-end in August) A local farmers festival
- Well known all over Southern Africa.
, business accommodation
, Holiday Lodging
, tourist accommodation
, Travel Accommodation
, Vacation Lodging