| ENVROTEC designs and provide recycling and well-run recycling program. Municipalities and localized responsible communities and families can serve a lot of money from recycling materials than waste collection, land filling and incineration whilst others can generate income and create jobs from it.ENVROTEC initiates the implementation of pay-as-you-throw programs; include incentives in waste management contracts that encourage disposal companies to recycle more than they dispose whilst creating jobs.ENVROTEC recycling and composting divert a lot of tons of material away from landfills and incinerations and reduce ozone layer breakdown. |
Every paper that is recycled saves a number of trees.
The energy we save when we recycle glass is enough to light a light bulb for four hours and reduces carbon dioxide (CO2) emission hence our reliance on foreign oil and pay less on fuel for transportation and save money thereby uplifting the community.
Recycling benefits the air and water by creating a net reduction in 10 major categories of air pollutants and 8 major categories of water pollutants
Manufacturing with recycled materials, with very few exception, saves energy and water and produces less air and water pollution than manufacturing with virgin material
It takes 95% less energy to recycle aluminium than making it from raw materials. Making recycled steel saves 60%, newspaper 40%, plastic 70%, glass 40%. This outweigh the energy created as by-products of incineration and landfilling.
Recycling conserves natural resources, such as timber, water and minerals. Therefore every bit of recycling makes a difference and reduces littering OZONE LAYER, a layer of about 10 to 50km (stratosphere) gas design to block out some of the sun’s harmful rays such as UV rays, when this layer breaks the earth gets burned.
Halons, Carbon Tetrachloride, Methyl bromide, Methyl chloroform are the cause of Ozone layer break out. Chloroflourocarbons (CFC) chemical found in old fashioned refrigeration, air conditioners, foam packages and aerosols. So ensure that when disposing such equipment you must have the CFC removed without releasing it into the atmosphere. The problem is caused by chlorine present in the CFC molecule. The chlorine attaches to single oxygen atoms that should form Ozone molecule.
Oxygen atom O+ Oxygen molecule O2= Ozone molecule O3 (billion make up Ozone layer)
All Water Service Authorities are required by the Department of Water Affairs (DWA), the regulator, to implement and comply with drinking water and wastewater legislative and other best practice requirements
ENROTEC assist Water Service Authorities (WSA) in obtaining the Blue (drinking water) and Green Drops (wastewater) status which will allow consumers to drink water from the taps in town with confidence, and be secure in knowledge that wastewater is managed and discharged in a sustainable, environmentally-acceptable manner. WSA can use the flagged Blue and Green Drop status to market their towns to both its citizen and tourists.
CRITERIA FOR BLUE DROP STATUS: DWA Drinking Water Quality Regulation Unit (DWQRU) continuously assess WSA performance per drinking water service system (DWSS) in its entire area of jurisdiction from catchment to consumer and will be aggregated for each WSA, and those that are to be awarded Blue Drop status are to comply with 95% the weighted criteria in the biannual assessment. WSA is required to ensure that the following criteria are met in each DWSS:
1. Water Safety and Security Plans
2. Process Controllers: The water works and Process Controllers are required to be registered according to the relevant legislation and must be licensed according to the Class of water treatment works and must have a site-specific Operator’s Manual to guide Process Controllers.
3. Drinking Water Quality Monitoring programme
4. Drinking Water Sample Analysis in accredited ISO/IEC 17025:2005
5. Submission of Drinking Water Quality Results
6. Drinking Water Quality Compliance
7. Management of Drinking Water Quality Failures:
8. Publication of Drinking Water Quality Performance
9. Drinking Water Asset Management.CRITERIA FOR GREEN DROP STATUS: WSA that are to be awarded GREEN DROP status are required to comply with 90% the weighted criteria in a biannual assessment
The Water Services Authority responsible for the collection, treatment and discharge of wastewater is required to ensure that the following criteria are met in each wastewater services system:
1. Process Controllers: The wastewater treatment works (WWTW) and Process Controllers are required to be registered according to the relevant legislation and be must be licensed according to the Class of wastewater treatment works.
2. Wastewater Quality Monitoring programme
3. Wastewater Sample
4. Submission of Wastewater Quality Results
5. Wastewater Quality Compliance
6. Management of Wastewater Quality Failures
7. Stormwater Management
9. Wastewater Treatment Works Capacity
10. Publication of Wastewater Quality Performance
11. Wastewater Asset Management
Envrotec Environmental consultancy specialises in the following services:
• Integrated waste management plans and solid waste by-laws
• Solid waste disposal and landfill monitoring, maintenance, rehabilitation and management
Rehabilitation of illegal dumping site and leachate Control
• Environmental Education about general environmental awareness and the legislation compliance
• Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Integrated Environmental Management (IEM), Strategic
Environmental Assessment (SEA)
Horticulture: Greening, Garden maintenance and Landscapping
• Heritage assessment, wetland delineation and project management
Re-vegetation and alien plants control, weed and pest control as well as Microbiological control
• Environmental solution, risk minimisation and management
Project management and Public participation
• Industrial and mining effluent treatment, monitoring and control
• Waste management: ENVROTEC provide and manage the collection, transportation, processing, recycling
and monitoring of waste materials produced by human activities in order to reduce their effect on health
and the environment.
• Water and Waste water treatment works operation and maintenance, monitoring and management,
calibration and troubleshooting on deviation in normal operating specifications such as Turbidity testing,
Total and free chlorine testing, pH, CODs, Oxygen, Conductivity, TDS, Salinity etc on drinking and sewerage
water and keep records in order to optimise the treatment works performance
Monitoring waste streams generated from waste treatment plants for hygienically disposal practices in
terms of water safety plan
• Supply and distribution of various Laboratory and water purification chemicals
Water quality monitoring and treatment equipments, supply, installation and maintenance
Supply, installation and dosage rate control and maintenance of chemical dosing equipments and
• Swimming pool services, cleaning of water reservoirs and maintenance of water filters
• Assisting water scheme authorities (WSA), water companies, municipalities, contractors and
subcontractors with the guideline information in obtaining blue and green drops as required by DWA
• Compiling water safety plans (WSPs), Operation and maintenance plans (O&M), Chemical spillage control
plans (CSCPs) Monitoring and control loading of water and wastewater treatment works against design
capacity, population survey and compile future expansion plan
• Basic training of water and wastewater treatment plants process controllers on economical operation
and maintenance of treatment works, water security, hygiene as well as health and safety
On-line services such as advice on any Environmental, Water and Waste water isues listed above.
or sms Help to +2779 508 9458 (relevant person will contact you) or use the Envrotec contact form by