PVC MATERIAL :Class A (Industrial grade)
- Inner reinforced nylon webbing gives product strength → impossible to tear
- 550g thickness
- UV Treated
- 100% Water proof
- Easy to clean
- Choice of 15 colours
RIPSTOP CANVAS : (Available in polyester or acrylic composition)
- Manufactured locally
- Referred to as tent material
- Water proof
- 5 colours available
CANVAS MATERIAL :Dicksons canvas fabric (Imported from France)
- 100 % solution-dyed acrylic canvas
- UV Treated
- Water resistant
- Extensive range of colours and designs
- 5 year fabric guarantee
- Blocks out between 86-92% of UVA/UVB Rays
- Imported from France
PVC MESH MATERIAL
- Creates a private environment, still allowing light to shine through.
- Similar effect to a lace curtain.
- Also used for Mosquito protection.
Disadvantages of Canvas materials:
- Water resistant, not water proof.
- Difficult to keep clean and maintain.
- Window material and panels have to be stitched together, whereas (PVC material Bonded togehter using High frequency process - Forms 100% water tight seam, also eliminating use of cotton, which has shorter life span than fabric)
- Premium price
- However, Canvas is the more preferred product in upmarket homes due to the more aesthetic look and feel.
Estimated life span in harsh south African sun (Information supplied by manufacturers of fabrics):
PVC A grade - (+- 4 - 5 years in full sun)
Dicksons canvas - (+- 8 - 10 years in full sun)
Ferrari Fabric - (+- 8 - 10 years in full sun)