Liquid Ice Energy Trading continues to identify energy products commodities to meet ongoing needs of our clients.
Our strategy is to:
- Consolidate and build on the growing global demand for energy products by building long-term strategic partnerships with suppliers and buyers / refineries.
- Capitalise on the massive opportunities presenting themselves across the African continent in terms of supply and demand and rapidly extend our trading presence in strategic regions.
- Develop and retain a strong reputation for social responsibility in the broader community in all countries where we operate.
- Maximise the net present value of our operations through ongoing capital and operating efficiencies; and effectively implement common business systems and practices.
- Attract and retain quality personnel in Iraq, South Africa and other countries where we operate; and through the implementation of a comprehensive human resources strategy, realise the full potential of our staff.
Liquid Ice Energy Trading focuses on the following energy products:
- Crude Oil
- Diesel / Diesel D2 / High Speed Diesel
- Motor Oil
- CST 100-360
- Coal (Grade A-C)
Liquid Ice Energy Trading has a supply agreement in South Africa with one of the largest petroleum importers in South Africa, Thebe Energy (Pty) Ltd.
Thebe Energy is a wholly owned subsidiary of Thebe Investments, which is a 25% shareholder in Shell South Africa Marketing and Refining Companies. Shell’s refinery, SAPREF, has a refining capacity of 8.5 million tonnes a year. It processes 24,000 tonnes of crude oil per day, which equates to 35% (180,000 barrels of crude oil per day) of the country’s refining capacity.
This partnership is not only important from a supply perspective, but also from a storage capability perspective – a prerequisite for doing business.