Special Event Risk Management / Event Safety Officer
Mace Safety and Security Solutions
events, corporate functions, Corporate Events
In 2010, South Africa passed a new law which governs events.
The Safety at Sports and Recreation Events Act 2 of 2010 ( SASAREA)
This act was to ensure a Safety environment for all spectators and Participants at an event.
Here are a few definitions from the ACT:
‘‘event’’ means sporting, entertainment, recreational, religious, cultural,
exhibitional, organisational or similar activities hosted at a stadium, venue or along
a route or within their respective precincts;
‘‘event organiser’’ means any person who plans, is in charge of, manages,
supervises or holds an event or sponsorship rights to an event or in any manner
controls or has a material interest in the hosting of an event as contemplated in this
‘‘organise’’ includes to arrange, be in charge of or purport to be in charge of,
convene, host, manage, plan, stage, supervise, hold an event or hold sponsorship
rights to an event;
‘‘safety officer’’ means a person appointed in terms of section 4(4)(a) to assist with
the planning and oversight of safety and security measures at an event;
MACE Safety Solutions can assist with the application for Risk Rating, with the Provincial SAPS Commissioner.
• MACE Safety Solutions can assist with a written Safety Plan for the event.
• MACE Safety Solutions will attend (ESSCP) Event Safety and Security Committee Planning Meetings.
• MACE Safety Solutions will assist with all role players for Operational plans to be submitted.
• Assist the organizer with appointments
• MACE Safety Solutions will submit all documents to SAPS 2 weeks before the event.
• MACE Safety Solutions will be on site for the duration of the event to oversee that all safety measures are in place.
, Corporate Events
, corporate functions
, Event Catering
, Event Management
, Event Medical Serivces
, Event Organizers
, Event Risk Management
, Event Safety Management
, Event Safety Officer
, Health and Safety at events
, Occupational Health
, Risk Assessment
, Route Races
, Safety at Sports and Recreation Events Act
, Safety Consultants
, safety officer
, Special Events
, Stadium venue
, Team Building
, Venue Safety Managment
, Wedding functions