Excel Intermediate 1 Day Course @ R600 Per Person
Computer Software, Computer Training, courses
This course has been designed for people who want to learn how to perform calculations, analyse information and visualise data in spreadsheets by using Microsoft Excel 2010 / 2013.
DURATION : 1 Day Course - 10am to 4pm Weekdays Only
COURSE FEE : R 600.00 - Prices includes Training Manuals.
PREREQUISITES : Basic computer literacy.
ASSESSMENT : There are no internal examinations. All students will be required to complete a Practical Assessment task.
CERTIFICATION : On successful completion of this course you will receive a Freelance Media Certificate of Completion.
INTRODUCTION TO SPREADSHEETS
• Open a spreadsheet application / open one, several spreadsheets.
• Create a new spreadsheet (default template).
• Save a spreadsheet to a location on a drive and under another name.
• Save a spreadsheet in another file type such as: Text File, HTML, Template, etc.
• Switch between worksheets, open spreadsheets.
• Use magnification/zoom tools & display, hide built-in toolbars.
• Freeze, unfreeze row and/or column titles.
• Modify basic options/preferences in the application: user name, default directory, etc.
CELLS, ROWS AND COLUMNS
• Enter a number, date, text in a cell.
• Select a cell, range of adjacent cells, range of non-adjacent cells, entire worksheet.
• Select a row, range of adjacent rows, range of non-adjacent rows.
• Select a column, range of adjacent columns, range of non-adjacent columns.
• Insert & Delete rows, columns in a worksheet.
• Modify column widths, row heights.
DUPLICATE, MOVE, DELETE, SEARCH, REPLACE & SORT DATA
• Duplicate the content of a cell, cell range within a worksheet, between worksheets, etc.
• Use the autofill tool/copy handle tool to copy, increment data entries.
• Move the contents of a cell, cell range within a worksheet, between worksheets, etc.
• Delete cell contents.
• Use the search command for specific content in a worksheet.
• Use the replace command for specific content in a worksheet.
• Sort a cell range by one criterion in ascending/ descending numeric & alphabetic order.
• Generate formulas using cell references and arithmetic operators (+, -, x, %).
• Recognize and understand standard error values associated with using formulas.
• Understand and use relative, mixed, absolute cell referencing in formulas.
WORKING WITH FUNCTIONS
• Generate formulas using sum, average, minimum, maximum, count, functions.
• Generate formulas using the logical function if (yielding one of two specific values).
• Format cells to display numbers to a specific number of decimal places, etc.
• Format cells to display a date style, currency symbol & numbers as percentages.
• Change cell content appearance: font sizes, font types.
• Apply formatting to cell contents such as: bold, italic, underline, double underline.
• Apply different colours to cell content, cell background.
• Copy the formatting from a cell, cell range to another cell, cell range.
• Apply text wrapping to contents within a cell.
USING CHARTS / GRAPHS
• Create different types of charts/graphs from data: Column, Bar, Line & Pie chart.
• Add & Remove a title, label to the chart/graph.
• Change the background colour in a chart/graph.
• Change the column, bar, line, pie slice colours in the chart/graph.
• Change the chart/graph type.
• Duplicate, move charts/graphs within a worksheet, between open spreadsheets.
• Resize, delete charts/graphs
• Change worksheet margins: top, bottom, left, right.
• Change worksheet orientation: Portrait & Landscape & change paper size.
• Adjust page setup to fit worksheet contents on one page or more pages.
• Add; modify text in Headers, Footers in a worksheet.
• Insert fields: page numbering information, date, time, etc into Headers, Footers.
(Please look at attached image for detailed course content as space here is limited)
Contact Caroline Ferrière on:
Tel: 031 312 5458
Cell: 083 396 9634
Email: [email protected]
, Computer Courses
, Computer Education
, Computer Learning
, Computer Software
, Computer Training
, Computer Training Centre
, Excel Training
, Intermediate Excel
, IT training
, Microsoft Office