Basic Computer Literacy (Part 1 & 2) @ R1000 Per Person
Computer Software, Internet, Email
Jumpstart your knowledge to the computer world today! We’ll show you the difference between Left, Right and Double Clicking, Hardware and Software, as well as an intro to Word, Excel, Internet and Email applications. We’ll make sure you’re ‘Top of the Class’ before you venture into our more advanced computer courses!
This course has been designed for people who have never used a computer before or people who need to brush up on the basics.
DURATION : 2 Day Course - 10am to 4pm Weekdays Only
COURSE FEE : R1,000.00 - Prices includes Training Manuals.
PREREQUISITES : There are no prerequisites for this course.
ASSESSMENT : There are no internal examinations.
All students will be required to complete a Practical Assessment task.
CERTIFICATION : On successful completion of this course you will receive a
Freelance Media Certificate of Completion.
INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTERS
• A Tour of the Computer
• Definition of Hardware & Software
• Switching On / Off the Computer
• How to hold a ‘Mouse’ & difference between ‘Left Click’, ‘Right Click’ & ‘Double Click’
• Keyboard – Revealing Upper & Lower Case, Upper & Lower Symbol & Function Keys
WORD PROCESSING 1
• Quick and Effective ways of Highlighting
• Applying Attributes - Bold, Italics, Underline
• Find & Replace Feature
• Change Case
• Alignment & Indentation
• Format Painter
• Subscript & Superscript
• Bullets & Numbering
• Clip Art, Word Art, Shapes, Symbols & Borders
WORD PROCESSING 2
• Insert Table
• Manipulation of Table
• Header & Footer
BE WISE, ORGANIZE!
• Changing Desktop Background & Screen Saver
• Windows Appearance
• Adjust Date & Time
• Adding / Removing and Positioning of Icons
• Creating Folders and Sub Folders
• Saving and Moving of Files to Folders
• Searching for Files
• Introduction to Excel & Cursor Shapes
• Insert automatic Date & Time
• AutoFill, AutoSum & Calculations
• Formatting Cell
• Renaming / Removing and Positioning Spreadsheets
INTERNET & EMAIL
• Connecting to the Internet
• Toolbars and Buttons
• Using a Search Engine
• Bookmarks & History List
• Working with Messages
• Selecting Messages
• Filing & Attachments
Contact Caroline Ferrière on:
Tel: 031 312 5458
Cell: 083 396 9634
Basic Computer Literacy
, Computer Courses
, Computer Education
, Computer Learning
, Computer Software
, Computer Training
, Computer Training Centre
, Excel Training
, IT training
, Microsoft Office
, Word Training