JMR Software concentrates on its vision of building up strong customer and business partnerships. To this end, JMR Software offers an unmatched flexibility with its custom built solutions. The methodology used to implement applications is critical to success. JMR Software's service method is comprehensive, maximising performance. Most importantly, our methodology is practical and designed according to our clients' needs and requirements.
Some of our recent key successes include the following customers:
- Metroplitan Life - Pension Administration System
- Santam - Commercial Policy Quotation including Underwriting and Rating
At Santam JMR partnered with SAPIENS International as the local implementation partner to implement the Santam Multiplex Commercial product on the POLICY Insight Application. This included configuration of all Underwriting and Rating Rules.
Other customers include:
- Transnet Freight Rail - Rail Monitoring Systems
- Anglo Gold Ashanti - Mining Systems
JMR is acclaimed as being a provider of quality IT solutions; intellectual capital; our integrity, our contribution to the success of our customers and delivering on our promise to stakeholders.
Experience in the financial industry sector has enabled JMR Software to fully understand the business needs of its clients. This forms the basis of its approach to building custom solutions
JMR Software follows an information engineering methodology for traditional projects and covers object orientation methodologies for Java, .NET and other new technologies. Customer signoff is obtained after each of the following stages of development:
- Definition "scope-and-approach" service
- Business process analysis and re-engineering
- Systems analysis and alignment to the business process
- Systems design
- User acceptance testing
- Implementation of the solution
- JMR Software's unique scope and approach analysis.
Analysing existing systems first, then integrate new application architectures, enhancing your ability to manage mission-critical applications. A full understanding of your business requirements and needs will reduce application development efforts and improve the delivery time.
- Seamless integration across the entire business. JMR Software's composite application analysis is an analysis of all business functions. Our initial focus is on a system-level understanding, identifying business methods before making informed technical decisions.
- Design customisation:
- JMR Software's comprehensive solutions ensure that operating systems, applications, databases, middleware, and servers operate seamlessly.
- JMR Software ensures an end-to-end solution is implemented, with minimal risk and maximum integrity. We support our clients in all aspects of system integration and implementation.
- At JMR Software, a maintenance strategy incorporates feedback mechanisms for continuous improvement and enhancement.
- Project management:
- We mitigate risk by assigning a dedicated and experienced project manager. Project plans are prepared, reviewed and projects are continuously monitored and aligned with strategic outcomes. Volatile business rules are identified and isolated, ensuring our solutions are flexible in design. The result? A solution delivered on time within budget.
Liverpool Victoria (UK)
JMR Software assisted Sapiens UK in the data migration of six disparate systems and four million policies from an ICL to an IBM platform. With a value of around £1-million, the project was undertaken in South Africa over a period of 18 months. Two mainframe systems in the UK and Ireland were accessed from our offices in Houghton. The fixed price contract was completed within time and budget using the JMR Software systems development processes.
This project involved migrating an IBM mainframe-based system on Sapiens eMerge technology to an IBM iSeries(AS400) platform. The project was completed within nine months.
This project allowed Transnet Pension Fund to realize a significant projected saving over the next three years.
This project involved the migrating Natural Adabas data on the mainframe to MS SQL Server database. The project was successfully completed in three months.
JMR Software has the ability to attract exceptional technology skills and a unique approach in the retention of staff by implementing a strong people philosophy. It's about identifying the right person for a particular project, ensuring satisfaction for our staff and clients.
JMR Software specializes in recruiting the permanent, as well as temporary placements of I.T. personnel throughout South Africa.
JMR Software has built its business around the placement of key technical resources in both the local and international market and subsequently has an active database of the highest level of skills available from which to draw resources.